Apex Legends has been out for over a week now and it has been a massive success. How big you ask? Well, how about 25 million players and 2 million concurrent sessions? Yeah, that big.
With the first seasonal event around the corner, Respawn Entertainment will be rolling out Apex Legends updates and patches pretty fast for the game while buffing weapons, adding features and of course leaving Mozambique because clearly nothing is wrong with it (not really).
The first preseason update is now live and the patch notes have been released. The update includes new changes, bug fixes and a new Valentine’s Day skin. Check out all the patch notes below according to the Apex Legends subreddit for that updates which you probably downloaded last night;
- Added “Live Die Live” Banner Badge: Revive a member of your squad between 2/13 and 2/19 to earn this limited time badge.
- Added Valentines Day cosmetic items to the store. They will be live and available in the store starting 2/13 until 2/19 and then they’re gone!
- “Through the Heart” Longbow Epic DMR skin
- “Love of the Game” Pathfinder banner frame
STABILITY / BUGS / PERFORMANCE / QoL
- Various improvements and tweaks to UI.
- Extended timeout that was causing players with slower hard drives to crash.
- Addressed a number of client and server stability issues.
- Fixed exploit where you could keep duplicating items in your inventory.
- Addressed a number of stability and performance issues.
- Fixed issue where players would get a gray screen in lobby when connecting for the first time.
- Fixed issue where your friends list showed all your friends as offline and unable to party.
- Shortened duration of Bloodhound’s Eye of the Allfather clones to remain in the world by 1 second.
Arc Star now displays a grenade warning indicator.
Addressed a number of bugs with map geo like holes you could fall through and areas that players could get stuck in plus a bunch of other polish issues.
PLAYSTATION PLUS PLAY PACK
Art updated for the PlayStation Plus Play Pack to the Flatline skin and Banner Card and changed the names to Deep Blue. This will affect all players that already have been rewarded the skins as well.
We still have a lot of work to do and we hear those frustrated by disconnects and crashes and are working to improve stability and performance as well as provide more visibility for everyone.
Don’t forget to check out our top 10 tips for the game if you are new to it all here