More Assassin’s Creed 2020 rumours are starting to pop up. The latest revolves around the game’s setting, reveal and release date. French YouTuber xj0nathan claims to have word that Assassin’s Creed 2020 will be announced very soon and will not be called “Kingdom” or “Ragnarok”.
The YouTuber tweeted in detail what he claims we can expect from the game according to his sources;
- Assassin’s Creed 2020 will be Vikings
- It won’t be called ‘Kingdom’ or ‘Ragnarok.’
- The Hidden Blade and Shield will return.
- The main character should be a woman, but players can still choose a man.
- The main character’s name is not ‘Jora.’
- Scandinavia won’t be the only territory in the game.
- Will feature even more RPG elements than Assassin’s Creed Odyssey
- Lots of Supernatural content related to the First Civilization.
- The game won’t be Co-op.
- The release is still planned by the end of 2020.
- The official reveal is coming late-April or Early-May.
Keep in mind that this is all a huge rumour for now and should be taken with a pinch of salt. However, it is not the first time we have heard about the game’s reveal taking place “soon”. Well-known and well-sourced industry insider shinobi602 also commented on an Assassin’s Creed 2020 tweet where a user asked about news regarding the game. Shinobi602 replied “almost there” giving us the assumption that he knows the game’s reveal will take place soon.
Game Director Ashraf Ismail at Ubisoft also teased us a few weeks ago by replying to a user asking for “the best opening sequence for a videogame is…” with “wait….”. This hinting that we are going to see something from the studio and the director soon. Ashraf worked on the past Assassin’s Creed: Origins which could mean he is part of the 2020 team too.
While none of this confirms the existence of Assassin’s Creed 2020 or Ragnarok as people thought it was, all the rumours and teases from industry insiders and Ubisoft staff clearly point towards a reveal taking place soon. It will be nice to know what the game is about and when we will get our hands on it. With PS5 and Xbox Series X launching later this year, it could be Ubisoft’s time to shine after the rocky launch of Breakpoint.
Editor for GLITCHED | Geek AF | Gamer | Techie | Foodie | Cars | Not a morning person | Cats Are Better Than Dogs |