Ubisoft unveiled the Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Season Pass roadmap and detailed what players can expect from the game after launch. For those investing in the pass, there’s a lot coming your way. However, those who are not can still enjoy a bunch of free content planned for the months ahead. Of course, the biggest draw for the season pass is the Beowulf DLC.
Ubisoft says that the Beowful quest in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla will let players “uncover the monstrous truth behind the legend of Beowulf”. In addition, players will be sent to Ireland and Paris in the game’s two big expansions.
Gamers who purchase the Gold, Ultimate, Collector’s Edition, or standalone season pass of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla will get the Beowulf quest when the game launches in November. Wrath of the Druids, and The Siege of Paris, which are the two expansions will arrive sometime in 2021.
Wrath of the Druids takes players to Ireland to unravel the mysteries of an ancient and mysterious druidic cult. Players will explore haunted forests and dazzling landscapes. The Siege of Paris will have them tangling with key historical figures of war-torn Frankia while they infiltrate the fortified city of Paris and River Seine.
When it comes to the free content in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, players can look forward to a conflict-free Discovery Tour mode, an in-game educational field trip through the open world. In addition, players will also get the following;
- A new settlement area, allowing players to continue to grow and evolve their settlement.
- A traditional Viking Festival: the Yule Festival, for players to experience in their settlement.
- A new game mode: the River Raids. Building on Valhalla’s core raiding mechanic the mode will deliver a dynamic, challenging and highly replayable raid experience.
- The addition of the Ranks for Jomsviking: in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla players can not only create their lieutenant to be part of their raiding crew, but also recruit some from their friends and the community. In Season 1, players will see an update to the Jomsviking feature which will allow their Jomsviking to earn XP and rank up — the higher will be the rank of the lieutenant, the more silver players will earn when recruited by other players.
- Finally, as for each season, Season 1 will also come with new player skills and abilities, weapons and gear, and cosmetic items for the settlement, longship, horse and raven.
Ubisoft has plans to release season 2 in March 2021. The new season will introduce a new game mode that builds on Valhalla’s core combat experiences. In addition, the season will add additional festivities, new gear and cosmetics and more. Ubisoft is also working on a third and fourth season to keep players coming back. However, no details were shared.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla releases on 10 November 2020 for PS4, Xbox and PC. The PlayStation 5 version arrives on 12 November.