The much-anticipated Assassin’s Creed Valhalla update 1.1.2 is rolling out today and with it comes some brand-new skills, abilities game mode and of course the expected bug fixes. The highlight of this new update is no doubt the new Assassin’s Creed Valhalla River Raids. Ubisoft says that the mode is “highly replayable” and contains new loot, challenges and combat encounters for players to take on.
The developer claims that the new Assassin’s Creed Valhalla River Raid mode will take players to new regions of England. However, details are scarce at this time as to how this mode works and just how many new locations players can explore. Players are encouraged to construct the Jomsviking building in their settlement in order to recruit more Jomsvikings to help in the fight.
As for new abilities, the new Assassin’s Creed Valhalla update comes with six new skills and three new abilities. Most of these new skills are aimed at improving the new game mode:
- Assassin Carry: Automatically carry a body after a successful assassination.
- Assassin Slide: Slide into enemies and knock them off balance while sprinting.
- Power Stroke: Trigger a speed boost on the long ship at the cost of stamina.
- Arrow Looter: Eivor has a greater chance of looting arrows from archers.
- Fight Ready: Always start a fight with an adrenaline-filled slot.
- Long Ship Brace: When you are in command of the long ship, the crew will raise their shield with you.
As for the new abilities, these range from a new arrow trap and even a shoulder bash.
- Berserker Trap: This attaches a trap to your arrow, spreading hallucinatory powder. Any nearby movement causes the trap to trigger. Surprise clueless passersby!
- Battle Cry: In a fit of rage, Eivor lets out a blood curdling scream, gaining strength and causing nearby enemies to stumble backwards in fear, interrupting their attacks.
- Shoulder Bash: Eivor performs a shoulder bash that pushes back enemies and destroys objects.
There’s also a range of new bug fixes and performance enhancements in the latest Assassin’s Creed Valhalla update 1.1.2. This includes texture rendeering, clipping issues, and dozens of quest-breaking bugs.
The Assassin’s Creed Valhalla update 1.1.2 should be live sometime this afternoon in SA. Ubsioft says it will be available to download from 13:00 CET. The file size varies depending on the platform.
- Xbox Series X|S: ~19.53 GB
- Xbox One: ~15.27 GB
- PlayStation5: ~11.18 GB
- PlayStation4: ~10.23 GB
- PC: ~18.04 GB
You can read through the entire changelog here.
Source: Ubisoft Blog