Ubisoft is issuing the Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Update 1.2 today which brings with it some much-requested features. For starters, players will finally be able to transmog their Eivor. This allows them to visually change their gear while still equipping the items they want.
In addition to the transmog, the Assassin’s Creed Valhalla update 1.2 also includes some new skills, camera options and extra cats into the game. Yes, you read that correctly. Ubisoft is adding more cats into the game and scattering them around England. The developer says it is the best kind of clutter.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla update 1.2 also adds in the Ostara Festival which will run from 18 March – 18 April. This marks the game’s Spring event and will bring some visual changes to Ravensthorpe as well as egg hunts. Ubisoft will share more information on the update on 18 March 2021.
The Assassin’s Creed Valhalla update 1.2 will be live during the day across all platforms. The update comes in at 18GB on Xbox Series X / S, 16GB on PC and 12 GB on PS5, PS4 and Xbox One. Users may need to clear up some space for the game.
Take a look at the most important patch notes we could find down below and read the rest here.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Update 1.2
Change Appearance / Transmog
We added Change Appearance aka Transmog to the game.
- Change your gear and weapon appearance within the same category of items at Gunnar’s blacksmith in Ravensthorpe for 50 silver. “This piece was already exceptionally beautiful, but if there’s anyone who could improve it, it’s me!” —Gunnar
- Changed items will be marked with a star in the inventory.
- Fearless Leaper – When activated, the leap attack damage has a larger area of effect and can be done at any height.
- Raven’s Loot – Your raven gathers loot from targets killed with ranged attacks.
- Loot Food – Eivor now has a higher chance of looting food from dead bodies.
Close Camera Option
We added a close camera option to the game.
- Once toggled, it will activate a closer camera during regular gameplay.
- The camera will zoom out during combat encounters.
- The option can be toggled in the Gameplay menu.
We added in-game support for the Ostara Festival.
- The Ostara Festival will be available from March 18 to April 8. It will feature a bloomy Ravensthorpe, some unique side activities (such as egg hunts), and special rewards.
- We’ll provide more details about the Ostara Season content in the First Look article coming March 18.
- There will now be more cats throughout England. The best clutter.
- Foxes should no longer spawn inside Lunden.
- Addressed an issue that downgraded Ubisoft Connect Rewards (i.e. Spartan bow, Moonlight Axe).
- Improved character physics behavior when running up the stairs. Clothes no longer go brrr.
- Small boats will now catch fire when throwing torches at them.
- Addressed an issue that caused Skadi’s Blade’s perk to remain inactive when conditions are met.
- Addressed an issue that caused the boar master’s melee attack not to build up fire damage on the player.
- Addressed an issue that caused Petra’s Arc perk to remain inactive above 90% HP.
- Addressed an issue that caused the Huntsman rune to be activated when conditions are not met.
- Addressed an issue that allowed players to break the heavy runic attack of Kjotve with light attacks during the third phase.
- Addressed an issue that prevented Guaranteed Assassination from working and reduced damage dealt after acquiring the Shoulder Bash ability.
Source: Assassin’s Creed blog