ASUS has announced a range of new gaming notebooks that will land very soon in South Africa. The new range includes hardware revisions to the Zephyrus M16 and S17 models with both notebooks seeing an Intel 11th-Gen Core i9-11900H being added into the mix alongside RTX 3080 GPUs. The Zephyrus S17, being the beast that it is, will also include improved cooling, a QHD 165Hz G-Sync display and loads of other tweaks across the sound system and rising keyboard.
The ASUS ROG Zephyrus M16 will also come with the same Intel 11-Gen Core i9-11900H and RTX 3070 GPUs. However, the notebook has been designed to be extremely portable thanks to its ultra-slim 19.9mm thin body that weighs only 1.9KGs. It also includes a 94% screen-to-body ratio display with 4.6mm bezels on all four sides. This has allowed ASUS to include a 16-inch 16:10 panel on the notebook.
ASUS ROG Zephyrus S17
- Rising keyboard meets superior cooling: Optical mechanical keyboard lifts up at 5° to improve comfort and feed airflow to innovative AAS Plus cooling system.
- Powerful new Intel® processor: Top performance with up to new 11th Gen Core™ i9-11900H processor and NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3080 Laptop GPU.
- Immersive 17” display options: QHD 165Hz with G-SYNC and Advanced Optimus or 4K 120Hz with Adaptive-Sync, both with pro-grade DCI-P3 colour.
- World’s best speakers in gaming laptop: Six speakers with dual force-cancelling woofers, dual Smart Amps, and Dolby Atmos® technology.
ASUS ROG Zephyrus S17 Specs
- Processor: Intel® 11th Gen Core™ i9-11900H / Intel® 11th Gen Core™ i7-11800H
- GPU: NVIDIA RTX 3080 16GB / 3070 8GB / 3060 6GB
- OS: Windows 10 Pro
- Display: 17.3-inch UHD IPS-level panel, 120Hz, 3ms, DCI-P3 100%, Pantone ® Validated / 17.3-inch QHD DDS panel, 165Hz, 3ms, DCI-P3 100%, Pantone ® Validated
- RAM: DDR4 3200MHz* SDRAM, Support up to 48 GB ( 8GB/16GB onboard memory)
- Storage: 3x M.2 NVMe PCIe G4x4 1TB/2TB SSD, supports RAID 0
- Keyboard: Per-key RGB, Optical Mech Switch KB , AURA SYNC, N-key support, 1.9mm travel distance, Hotkeys: Ten-key Function / ROG Armoury Crate
- Audio: 6x (W) speakers with Smart AMP technology, Dolby Atmos, Array Microphone
- Wi-Fi/BlueTooth: Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax 2×2, support ROG Range Boost) / Bluetooth 5.2 (Bluetooth version may vary as the OS upgrades)
- 1 x Type-C with Thunderbolt™4 (support DisplayPort™ 1.4/PD 3.0 (Input: 20V/5A, Output 5V/3A))
- 1 x Type-C support USB3.2 Gen2/DisplayPort™ 1.4/PD 3.0
- 1x Type-A support USB3.2 Gen2
- 2x Type-A support USB3.2 Gen2
- 1x HDMI 2.0b
- 1x 3.5mm headphone and microphone combo jack
- 1 x SD reader
- 1 x LAN RJ-45 jack
- Webcam 720p
ASUS ROG Zephyrus M16
- 16” display in ultra-slim 15” form factor: 4.6mm bezels on all four sides allow 16” 16:10 panel to deliver ultra-immersive 94% screen-to-body ratio.
- Powerful new Intel® processor: Up to new 11th Gen Core™ i9-11900H processor and NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ Laptop 3070 GPU drive next-level performance.
- True portability: Ultra-slim and portable at 19.9mm thin and only 1.9kg, with a fast-charging 90Wh battery that enables up to 10 hours of video playback.
- Studio-quality audio: Six speakers with dual force-cancelling woofers enable Dolby Atmos® surround sound, while 3D mic array captures clear audio.
ASUS ROG Zephyrus M16 Specs
- Processor: Up to Intel® Core™ i9-11900H (4.9GHz)
- GPU: Up to NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3070
- OS: Windows 10 Pro
- Display: 16-inch WQHD (2560 x 1600), 165Hz/3ms, IPS-level, 100% DCI-P3 display with Adaptive-Sync, Pantone® validation, and Dolby Vision technology
- RAM: Up to 48GB DDR4 3200MHz
- Storage: Up to 2TB PCIe Gen 4 SSD
- Stealth Type keyboard with one-zone RGB or white backlight
- 1.7mm travel distance
- Overstroke technology
- Fingerprint sensor on power key
- 6 speakers with dual force-cancelling woofers and smart amp
- Dolby Atmos technology
- Hi-Res certification
- 3D mic array with Two-way AI Noise Cancelation
- Wi-Fi/BlueTooth: Wi-Fi 6 / Bluetooth 5.2
- Thunderbolt 4 (Type-C) with DP1.4 and PD 3.0 support
- USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C with DP 1.4 and PD 3.0 support
- USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A
- USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A
- Micro SD (312MB/s)
- HDMI 2.0b
- 3.5mm combo Audio jack
- Kensington Lock
- Webcam HD 720p
Both notebooks will be available in August in South Africa