At CES 2021 ASUS showcased a handful of new notebooks coming to the Republic of Gamers range this year. The new devices start with the small and portable ASUS ROG Flow X13 and go all the way up to the ROG Strix SCAR 17 which is the brand’s behemoth gaming laptop. Then there’s the ROG Zephyrus Duo 15 SE which includes the iconic ScreenPad Plus that raises a few degrees when the laptop is opened and extends the end-user experience to a second screen.
ASUS ROG Flow X13
Starting off with the ASUS ROG Flow X13. The device is a 13-inch ultraportable gaming laptop that packs an AMD Ryzen 5980HS CPU and an NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1650. ASUS claims the combination of the two delivers fantastic battery life with up to 10 hours of gaming on a full charge. The device also fast charges thanks to the 100-watt USB-C charger.
- 13-inch 120Hz FHD or 4K 60Hz display
- NVIDIA GTX 1650 GPU and AMD Ryzen 590HS CPU
- Adaptive Sync
- Dolby Atmos supported speakers
- Supports XG Mobile external GPU up to RTX 3080 thanks to a dedicated eGPU connector
- High-performance cooling system designed specifically for the smaller chassis / Self-cleaning thermal module
ASUS ROG Zephyrus Duo 15 SE
The ASUS ROG Zephyrus Duo 15 SE features the brand’s signature ScreenPad Plus that acts as a second screen while gaming and working. The display raises up and can be customized with all sorts of apps and tasks. The notebook is powered by an RTX 30 Series GPU and is available in two display configurations.
- 15-inch 4K 120Hz or FHD 300Hz display
- Adaptive-Sync support and Pantone validated displays
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 GPU and AMD Ryzen 5900HX CPU
- Built-in Two-Way AI noise-cancellation microphone
- Aerodynamic Systems Plus cooling system keeps both the CPU and GPU cool / 13% improved airflow over the previous model
ASUS ROG Strix SCAR 17
ASUS is bringing the big guns with their ROG Strix SCAR 17 this year. Not only does it pack and RTX 3080 but it also supports up to 64GB of RAM and comes with two great display configurations. The brand has also included a mechanical keyboard with 1.9mm of key travel and a trackpad that is 85% larger than the one found in the previous model.
- 17.3-inch FHD 360Hz or 16Hz WQHD display
- Adaptive-Sync and DCI-P3 colour gamut
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 GPU and AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX CPU
- Up to 64GB of Dual-Channel DDR-3200 MHz RAM
- Dolby Atmos sound support and a Built-in Two-Way AI noise-cancellation microphone
- Larger 9Wh battery allows for 12 hours of video playback and fast-charging through 100-watt USB-C power adaptor
- Optical mechanical keyboard with per-key RGB and 1.9mm of key travel.
- 85% larger trackpad compared to the previous model
- RGB lightbar around the device and an additional light strip under the display
- Three user-swappable hinge caps
- Liquid Metal thermal compound cooling solution and a new Arc Flow fan layout
ASUS has not shared any local pricing for these devices yet. However, keep your eyes peeled for a release date and RRP in the coming weeks.
GLITCHED was created by taking everything we love and putting into one place. It contains a little something for everyone be it your favourite comic book, what to binge on Netflix this weekend, or your annual first-person shooter. The idea that one can love all the cool things is not hard to comprehend, you just need to find a place for it. That place is GLITCHED..