EA Games is set to fully showcase the next gameplay for Battlefield 2042 on 22 July during its EA Play event. We already know that Microsoft is the official console partner for the game. In addition, EA Games has partnered with NVIDIA to showcase the best experience on PC using a range of technology.
In a press release, EA Games shared details on the partnership between a range of brands. Of course, we have Microsoft as the console partner but when it comes to PC, EA Games and NVIDIA have teamed up too.
According to the press release, Battlefield 2042 will support next-gen GeForce RTX gaming tech including AI-powered performance boosts through DLSS and NVIDIA Reflex low latency mode.
It goes without saying that Battlefield 2042 will also support ray-tracing in various forms be it reflections, accurate lighting and more. EA Games did not share any specific information regarding these features yet. However, expect them soon. The official press release reads:
- The Official Battlefield 2042 Console Partner – Xbox: EA and Xbox have partnered to make Xbox Series X|S the official consoles of Battlefield 2042.
- The Official Battlefield 2042 PC Graphics Platform Partner – NVIDIA: EA and DICE’s partnership with NVIDIA ensures the ultimate PC experience powered by next-gen GeForce RTX gaming technologies, the AI-powered performance boost of NVIDIA DLSS and NVIDIA Reflex’s low latency mode.”
- The Official Battlefield 2042 PC Peripherals Partner – Logitech: EA and Logitech will work together to ensure players have Logitech integration for their gear, including Logitech’s LIGHTSYNC technology for peripherals and in-game audio presets with optimized EQ for Logitech headsets.
- The Official Battlefield 2042 Off-Road Vehicle Partner – Polaris: EA and Polaris have partnered to bring players the opportunity to operate authentic Polaris vehicles in Battlefield 2042, starting with the Polaris Sportsman ATV.
- The Official Battlefield 2042 Gaming Storage Partner – WD_BLACK: EA and Western Digital’s WD_BLACK brand are committed to ensuring Battlefield 2042 gamers have the best possible gaming experience for its vast new world of immersive and realistic maps, and dynamic game play.
On 22 July during the EA Play event, we are going to see more Battlefield 2042 gameplay. Hopefully, this gameplay is more hands-on and detailed than what we have seen up to now. EA will also touch on the rumoured Battlefield Hub where users will supposedly get access to previous Battlefield content. This mode is rumoured to be free-to-play and links to the game’s battle pass.