The land of Skyrim will be coming to The Elder Scrolls Online this year in a brand-new expansion for Bethesda’s MMO. The team at ZeniMax Online Studios revealed new details for the upcoming season of content titled “The Dark Heart of Skyrim”.
The Elder Scrolls Online Skyrim content will roll out in four modules starting with Harrowstorm on 18 May 2020 for PC and Mac followed by PS4 and Xbox One on 2 June 2020. The second content pack called The Elder Scrolls Online: Greymoor will release in the second quarter and offer players a completely new chapter in the story including a brand new area in Skyrim to explore. The narrative is described to be “one of The Elder Scrolls’ darkest stories yet” and is set 1000 years before the events of the original Skyrim game.
Take a look at the gorgeous cinematic trailer;
ZeniMax Online has yet to reveal any new details about the remaining two chapters but expect them to launch in late 2020. The content is said to add hundreds of hours of additional adventures to the game.
The expansion will also bring a load of changes to the experience which will require players to re-download the entire game client but this will decrease the game’s overall size and future updates too. The screenshot below should be familiar with anyone who has played Skyrim before.
The Elder Scrolls Online: Greymoor
- A new zone to explore: Western Skyrim
- A gothic main story quest line that ties into the Dark Heart of Skyrim adventure
- An intriguing new system: Antiquities
- A massive new 12-player Trial: Kyne’s Aegis
- New world events: Harrowstorms
- New delves, public dungeons, and stand-alone quests
- Updates and quality-of-life improvements including a rework of the Vampire Skill Line (free for all ESO players)
The game will also come with a fancy new Collector’s Edition featuring a Vampire Lord Statue. For more details and to pre-order the content pack, head over to the official website.