Biomutant released last year in May. However, while the game was somewhat enjoyable, it suffered from some serious performance issues, especially on the PS5. This was mainly because there wasn’t a native PS5 version of the game released alongside the Xbox One and PC versions. Instead, THQ said they would release an enhanced edition of the game sometime in the future and it seems Biomutant on PS5 is just around the corner.
According to the PlayStation Network database, Biomutant has been listed as a dedicated PS5 version. Usually, when games are uploaded to the PlayStation Network database they are prepping to be added to the PlayStation Store for a possible release.
Developer Experiment 101 hasn’t issued any sort of announcement for Biomutant on PS5 and Xbox Series X/S yet. In fact, the studio has been silent on the game’s issues and patches since November last year. By the look of things, they could have been hard at work on developing the PS5 and Xbox Series X/S version of the game.
Given that it has been over a year since the original was released, this makes sense. Biomutant was added to the PlayStation Network with the TitleId: PPSA06256_00 and ConceptId: 229899.
If you don’t know what the game is about, you can read my full review of Biomutant here and watch the video review down below.
“BIOMUTANT® is an open-world, post-apocalyptic Kung-Fu fable RPG, with a unique martial arts styled combat system allowing you to mix melee, shooting and mutant ability action.
A plague is ruining the land and the Tree-of-Life is bleeding death from its roots. The Tribes stand divided. Explore a world in turmoil and define its fate – will you be its saviour or lead it to an even darker destiny?
– Experience maximum freedom of movement while mixing shooting, melee and powers from your mutations
– Re-code your genetic structure to change the way you look and play with mutations like the Turtleform and Mucus Bubble
– Explore a vibrant open world by foot, mech, jet-ski, air-balloon or area unique mounts
– Mix and match parts to create your own unique slash, crush and pierce melee weapons, revolvers, rifles, shotguns and more
– A storyteller narrates every step of your journey, but it’s your actions and choices that’ll decide how your story of survival ends”
Source: PSN Database