Gearbox Software is celebrating the 10-year anniversary of their awesome looter-shooter franchise and with it, Borderlands 3 players can earn more legendary drops from the game’s bosses. The Borderlands Anniversary Celebrations are live and every week, players will be able to do different in-game activities to maximize their rewards.
Please note: Below the first image inside this article there will be spoilers with boss names and legendary loot with increased drop rates.
First up, we are now in Boss Week which is already live and will run until 8 October. This will be followed by a Rare Spawn Hunt event in week 2, all the way up to week 4 for a “Spooky surprise”. At the time of writing, details have only been revealed for Boss Week. Gearbox explains in an announcement that:
[perfectpullquote align=”full” bordertop=”false” cite=”” link=”” color=”#16EBD0″ class=”” size=”20″]You’ve come a long way, Vault Hunter. This month, it will have been 10 years since the original Borderlands made its debut on October 20, 2009; we’ve been shooting and looting across Pandora and the galaxy beyond ever since. Whether you’re a longtime fan or a series newcomer, we’re so glad you’re here with us for Borderlands 3, and we’re showing our appreciation with a five-week Borderlands Anniversary Celebration. For the entire month of October (and a little bit of November), Borderlands 3 Vault Hunters of all levels can score in-game loot and bonuses just by playing.[/perfectpullquote]
Check out the Borderlands Anniversary Celebrations plan and remember, below this image, there are some serious spoilers in terms of Borderlands 3 legendary items and the bosses from which they drop.
During the first week of the Borderlands Anniversary Celebrations, some Borderlands 3 bosses will have an increased chance to drop a unique Legendary item. Here’s a full breakdown of Legendary loot drops by boss:
- Mouthpiece has an increased chance to drop Gatling Gun
- KillaVolt has an increased chance to drop Brainstormer
- Gigamind has an increased chance to drop Nagata
- Katagawa Ball has an increased chance to drop Rectifier
- Katagawa has an increased chance to drop Legendary class mods (all Vault Hunters)
- Rampager has an increased chance to drop Kill-o’-the-Wisp
- Warden has an increased chance to drop Echo
- GenIVIV has an increased chance to drop Ten Gallon
- Aurelia has an increased chance to drop Creeping Death
- Graveward has an increased chance to drop Earworm
- Pain and Terror have an increased chance to drop Legendary class mods (all Vault Hunters)
- Troy has an increased chance to drop Nova Berner
- Tyreen has an increased chance to drop Bitch
It will be exciting to see what Gearbox Software has planned and we already know that a Halloween event will be happening as well, maybe that’s part of the spooky surprise?
What do you think about the Borderlands Anniversary Celebrations by Gearbox Software and which Borderlands 3 legendary items do you want most of all from the bosses? Let us know in the comment section below.