We are a few hours away from the official announcement of this year’s Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War. However, there isn’t much to announce now that the Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War campaign details leaked yesterday and now the multiplayer details have also surfaced. According to CharlieIntel, a load of multiplayer footage leaked which revealed details on the game mode.
Here’s a rundown of the Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Multiplayer information via CharlieIntel;
- Two Factions: CIA vs Spetsnaz
- EKIA is back, like Black Ops 4
- Boots on the ground movement is similar to Black Ops 4 and has sliding. There is also slide cancelling.
- Health is at 150 like Black Ops 4, but TTK is faster than BO4
- Full auto health regeneration; no Stim
- Claims “Strong” SBMM like in MW
- The normal Mini-map is back again
- Dead Silence is a perk again. It was not a perk in a build from several months back
- Field Upgrades are back, the following known: Trophy System, Proximity Mine
- Two maps known (Miami club setting & Desert open map that has ammo crates)
- Ground War: A 12v12 Ground War map with three ships that are connected with zip-lines
- Swimming mechanics is back (like Black Ops 3 & 4)
- There are no Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War specialists
- Scorestreaks are returning, but with a twist. the work with a multiplier for killstreaks.
- Streaks known so far: UAV, VTOL, Chopper Gunner, Cruise Missle, Napalm Strike, and Artillery Strike
- Modes: Hardpoint (arrow shows next HP), Kill Confirmed, VIP (kind of like safeguard), Ground War
- There are no specialists
- CONFIRMED GUNS:
- ARs: M16-A2, AK5
- SMG: An uzi-style gun, MP5, AK74u
- Additional: Type 63, Stoner 63, Type 15, Colt Commando
- Sniper: M40
- LOADOUTS AND ATTACHMENTS
- Simple to BO4, not as many options as MW
- There’s a hybrid Pick 10 and MW-style where you still get 5 attachments on all guns.
- Three perks (one that can add extra attachments)
The video which this sourced from has since been removed due to a copyright claim from Activision. According to reports, the gameplay resembles Black Ops 2 with inspiration from Black Ops 4 too.
Keep in mind that the Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War reveal taking place today is not the multiplayer mode. Instead, today’s reveal is the campaign and initial showcase of the game. The Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War multiplayer is set to debut on 9 September 2020.