If you are booting up Call of Duty: Modern Warfare today, you will notice a fairly large patch which needs to be downloaded in order to play the game. The update comes in at 45GB in size which means you will need some free space to download and install it. The big changes in this update include the addition of the Crossbow, new loadout slots, some playlist changes and your average bug fixes.
The Crossbow has arrived but it won’t be available as soon as you boot up your game. Instead, users need to actually work to unlock the gun by using a Marksman Rifle with a Reflex Optic scope and get at least five kills in 25 matches. Once done, the weapon will be available for you to add to your loadout.
As for the playlist update, they added Capture the Flag and Shoot the Ship while removing Shoot House 24/7. Anuyah Palace is back in the game too. There are also five extra loadout slots increasing the total number to ten.
You can read the full breakdown of the latest Call of Duty: Modern Warfare update down below;
- Playlist Update: Added Capture the Flag and Shoot the Ship (Removes Shoot House 24/7) playlists! We also added Aniyah Palace back into rotation
- 5 additional loadout slots!
- New Weapon – Crossbow! Unlocked by using a Marksman Rifle with a Reflex Optic, get 5 kills in 25 different matches!
General Call of Duty changes
- The issue where players could hit an invisible kill trigger in a bush that would cause them to die while near A Flag on Port has been fixed.
- Fixed an out of bounds exploit on Aniyah Palace
- Fix for a bug that could lock a PC player’s FOV at 60 until they respawn while in Ground War
- The “Stand Together” calling card (3 Wins in Team Deathmatch) was being awarded even though this calling card is earned by default. This has been adjusted to the “Redemption” calling card.
- The Daily Challenge for getting “10 Claymore Kills” was awarding the “One Shot” spray which is unlocked by default. This has been adjusted to the “Soft Serve” spray.
- Adjusted the damage threshold for “Get X Kills while Injured” challenge to make it a bit easier to obtain
- Various out-of-map exploit fixes
- Fix for a few graphical errors that could occur on Ground War maps
- Infected: Fixed a bug where the Nuke effects and audio will interrupt and overlap the final killcam if called in after death of the final survivor
- Fixes to the Recent Players list appearing incorrectly on Xbox
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to capture the Hardpoint while in the hotel on St. Petrograd
- Adjusted the obituary to remove the oldest items first
- Fixed a bug that would reset Voice Chat settings after the application was hard closed
- Players can no longer cancel their recovery state when sliding, but will always incur the standard fire delay (visually the player will still respond)
- On Shipment, players are able to set Care Packages on spawn points, causing players to die instantly when spawning in on these points. This has been fixed.
- Fixed an issue that would lock Operator missions despite having the correct Battle Pass Tier
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Field Upgrades
- Fixed a bug where using the ‘Stopping Power Rounds’ Field Upgrade with an empty C4 slot would cause the C4 detonator to appear before reloading with the Stopping Power Rounds
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to reach unintended locations while manipulating the Weapon Drop Field Upgrade
- Fixed a bug that allowed the Recon Drone to fly into geo if C4 was thrown onto it
- Fix for Stopping Power Rounds not applying the correct damage boost to headshots
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Weapon Issues
- Fixed a bug where the 1mW Laser would not appear equipped on the 1911 pistol while in the Gunsmith menu
- M4A1 Blueprint “OG” ADS position moved forward; the viewmodel or gun’s position relative to the camera or player’s eye is moved forward more, so it blocks less of the line of sight
- Changing the magazine capacity from 45 to 50 for the RAM-7 extended magazine.
- Increasing the bullet penetration of the MK2 Carbine
- Less horizontal recoil on the initial bullets of the FN Scar-17
- Changed the way stats are displayed for stocks to be more consistent with other attachments (this is for the graphs only, not the actual stats)