Considering past Call of Duty titles never featured a free DLC program, Activision’s claim that next week’s Modern Warfare update is the biggest free content drop in history makes sense. The publisher revealed the new content roadmap for what is coming when Season One kicks off on 3 December 2019. Those of you that own the game are in for a treat as the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Season One contains all sorts of content.
RELATED: Dota 2 Outlanders Update Unleashed With New Heroes and Massive Changes
The Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Season One content includes new maps, modes, and Special Ops content and will roll out next week across all platforms. Activision detailed the content on its blog;
- Crash (Multiplayer Map): The iconic Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare map has returned with all the flanking routes and action-packed rooftop encounters you remember.
- Vacant (Multiplayer Map): An abandoned office, previously visited in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, leads to intense interior combat across the complex.
- Shipment (Multiplayer and Gunfight Map): The classic Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare map where fast and frenetic action reigns supreme.
- Port (Ground War Map): Battle across massive shipping crates, cranes, buildings and streets in this unique Ground War map experience.
- Cargo (Gunfight Map): An open-roof storage vessel for shipping containers, on docks of London.
- Atrium (Gunfight Map): The centrepiece of a Verdansk palace, still intact despite the conflict raging nearby.
- Additional Maps: Look for additional multiplayer maps as Season 1 progresses.
- Reinforce (Multiplayer Mode): A hybrid of Dom and S&D, a single-life mode with both teams competing for control of three flags.
- On Site Procurement (O.S.P.) (Gunfight Mode): A tactically rich 2v2 mode with a twist: Begin with just your fists, and gather equipment as the match progresses.
- Infected (Multiplayer Mode): It’s hunt or be hunted in this survival party game mode!
- Additional Modes: Look for more modes as Season 1 continues.
- Bomb Squad (Special Ops Experience): Forces still loyal to Barkov have planted explosives around the city of Al-Raab. You’re here to defuse the situation.
- Grounded (Special Ops Experience): Enemies have seized Barkov’s former airbase. Engage and eliminate them.
- Pitch Black (Special Ops Experience): Infiltrate Barkov’s former estate and recover all required intel before an exfill in a Tactical Rover.
- Just Reward (Special Ops Experience): Your squad targets the head of an enemy financial operation, hacking his data centres, and gaining intel.
- Additional Content: Look for more Special Ops content as Season 1 continues.
Free Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Season One Content Accessed through the Battle Pass System
Activision has not explained how the Modern Warfare battle pass will work yet only saying there will be two tiers, a free and a paid one and players will advance it as they play the game to unlock cosmetics and two weapons. This 100-level battle pass will be shared next week closer to the rollout of Season One.
- Ram-7 New Weapon: Introducing a new fully automatic bullpup Assault Rifle with integrated picatinny rails at 3, 6, and 9 o’clock.
- Holger-26 New Weapon: LMG spec of the Holger model rifle, with integrated sight rail and drum magazine for additional ammunition-carrying capacity.
Are you still playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare? Let us know down below.