Activision has shared an in-depth guide to the Call of Duty: Vanguard file size and pre-load process. The publisher has detailed when players can start downloading the game ahead of the 5 November release date and how big it is across various platforms.
First off, Call of Duty
: Vanguard is under 100GB on all consoles. Activision promised that the game is 30% – 40% smaller across platforms and they kept its word. Sure, you still need around 60 – 93GB of free space depending on your platform but you can also go ahead and delete some of the game’s modes after it launches on 5 November. This will help reduce the game size even more.
As for the Call of Duty: Vanguard pre-load, it starts tomorrow morning across PlayStation and Xbox platforms. Of course, this goes for the digital copies of the game only. When the disc version releases on 5 November, users will still need to download quite a hefty amount of game data before they can play the game.
Call of Duty: Vanguard Pre-Load
- PS4 and PS5 – 28 October PT in North America and South America
- PS4 and PS5 – Midnight 29 October for other countries
- Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S – 28 October 9 PM PT for all regions / 06:00 CAT 29 October
Call of Duty: Vanguard File Size
Due to new on-demand texture streaming tech, Vanguard’s install size at launch will be significantly below that of the previous Call of Duty releases – up to 30% – 50%+ of a file size difference on next-gen console and PC.
- PlayStation 5: 64.13 GB Download | 89.84 GB Required Space
- PlayStation 4: 54.65 GB Download | 93.12 GB Required Space
- Xbox Series X |S: 61 GB Download | 61 GB Required Space
- Xbox One: 56.6 GB Download | 56.6 GB Required Space
Activision is expected to share PC-specific information on the game in the coming days. They will showcase the PC settings, pre-load details and file sizes. Stay tuned for more.
Call of Duty: Vanguard releases on 5 November for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S and PC.