Contra is making a comeback! If that line sent chills down your spine, then you probably know how awesome yet extremely difficult (and frustrating) Konami’s iconic franchise is. At Nintendo Direct E3 2019, Contra: Rogue Corps was unveiled to the world, but the game won’t just release on the Nintendo Switch. Contro: Rogue Corps will release on 24 September 2019 for PC, PS4, Xbox One and the Nintendo Switch.
RELATED: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Sequel Teased
To say that Contra: Rogue Corps looks awesome is an understatement. You get to play with four very unique characters in a 3D world, with over-the-top guns facing immense challenges. The game is set several years after the events of Contra III: Alien Wars and is a brand new canonical entry in the Contra franchise.
Contra: Rogue Corps is described as a twin stick, third-person action game where you run-and-gun in a big new singleplayer campaign, gathering resources, taking down hordes of baddies and upgrading your weapons as you go along. Not to mention there is a cast of diverse, playable characters to choose from.
A description and some key features of Contra: Rogue Corps follows:
[perfectpullquote align=”full” bordertop=”false” cite=”” link=”” color=”#33ff5b” class=”” size=”22″] CONTRA: ROGUE CORPS is a brand new canonical entry to the CONTRA franchise that picks up following the events of CONTRA III: THE ALIEN WARS! A twin stick, third-person action game drawing upon its roots in fast and focused combat developed for the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and PC (STEAM), CONTRA: ROGUE CORPS will be available September 24, 2019 for SRP $39.99
From the producer of CONTRA III: THE ALIEN WARS and Director of CONTRA: HARD CORPS, Nobuya Nakazato instills more than 20 years of franchise pedigree into CONTRA: ROGUE CORPS with enormous crazed enemies, over-the-top violence, and a cast of diverse playable characters that add to the irreverent tone of the game. [/perfectpullquote]
[su_youtube url=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShFv4iWTssk” width=”600″]
- Action shooter with fast-paced, run & gun style gameplay
- Choose from four diverse characters with their own unique skills and specialty attacks – determine weapons load out, customize and craft unique weapons and create a perfect symphony of destruction throughout the Damned City
- Operation Room – Upgrade characters and abilities, augmenting each with improved organs and cybernetics
- PvE – Deep single player Story campaign mode chock-full of challenging missions among hordes of enemies. Go solo or group with up to 4 friends or random players online in multiplayer
- PvP – Create custom matches (private mode) for 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 or 1vs4 players
- Local Couch co-op modes with up to 4 players
Further, there are four diverse characters with their own speciality attacks and unique skills, namely:
- Kaiser – A soldier from the Alien Wars rebuilt after receiving massive injuries, now has a massive arm that transforms into a drill.
- Ms Harakiri – Famed assassin specialising in stealth and infiltration, after barely escaping death during the Alien Wars, she fused together with an alien, now taking residence in her midsection.
- Hungry Beast – Once the noted (human) scientist Kurt Steiner, he had his brain inserted into a giant cyborg panda and now spends most of his time looking for delicious snacks.
- Gentleman – Brain Bug alien raised by humans. Feels the rest of the team are ill-mannered and vulgar, especially the Panda. Argues over table manners and the neatest and most efficient way to dispatch an enemy.
As a massive Contra fan, this does sound fantastic and I can’t wait to play it. However, September is still a long way away. For those who want some Contra in their lives right now, you can buy the Contra Anniversary Collection which launched last night on PC, PS4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch.
Check out the trailer for the collection below and then tell us what you think of Contra: Rogue Corps or the franchise as a whole in the comment section.
[su_youtube url=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg-n1Y-JH5U” width=”600″]