The original Counter-Strike first went into beta on 19 June 1999 and yes, I suddenly feel very old this morning, as I am sure many others do too. It has been a very long journey from the beta, through multiple versions of CS until 2012 when CS: GO finally released. To celebrate 20 years of Counter-Strike, Valve has released a new update in the early hours of the morning, featuring a retro Dust 2 and, wait for it, a chicken capsule.
The retro Dust 2 where we will probably rush B another few thousand times, is now available in the Casual Dust 2 map group. Further, the Chicken Capsule has also been released, alongside a couple of minor the AUG and some Danger Zone fixes. Let’s kick things off with the update notes and then some images for the retro Dust 2 as well as the chicken capsule.
[perfectpullquote align=”full” bordertop=”false” cite=”” link=”” color=”#33ffe3″ class=”” size=”22″] Twenty years ago, a humble Half-Life mod changed the gaming world. Constantly evolving and shifting over the years, Counter-Strike has never lost its fundamentals: it’s easy to learn, takes a lifetime to master, and is supported by a massive global community.
You can celebrate the history of CS with a retro version of Dust II, currently available in the Casual Dust II map group. There’s also a new sticker capsule featuring the unsung heroes of CS – chickens! [/perfectpullquote]
The update notes are as follows.
- Celebrate 20 years of Counter-Strike with a retro version of Dust II, currently available in the Casual Dust II map group.
- The Chicken Capsule is now available for purchase in-game.
- Adjustments to the AUG to bring its utility more in line with other rifles.
- Slightly reduced rate of fire.
- Reduced accuracy while unscoped.
- Fixed an exploit involving duplication of items dropped by disarming another player.
- Players in warmup spawn closer to their teammate.
- Players in warmup now spawn with a random pistol.
The Chicken Capsule holds the following:
Retro Dust 2 Images
Valve has shared some images of the map from CS: GO, which you can check out below.
Will you be rushing B in retro Dust 2? Let us know in the comment section below.