Valve has dropped quite a big update, not in terms of file size but rather, changes to the CS: GO matchmaking. Two maps have been completely removed from official matchmaking in the CS: GO January update, while Valve has introduced the Abbey map and brought back Zoo.
In the CS: GO January update, Valve removed both Austria and Subzero from official matchmaking, which is quite a big move. In their place, Valve has introduced Abbey and brought back Zoo, which you can now play in Casual and Deathmatch Matchmaking. Further, Valve has also added a new version of Vertigo to Wingman official matchmaking.
The update also includes even more changes and improvements to Biome and it feels like Valve has been tinkering with the map forever now. Since the game went free-to-play, getting that Prime status was probably a top priority for new players who are serious about CS: GO. Well, in the CS: GO January update, accounts that reach Lieutenant Rank 21 will now be automatically upgraded to Prime.
There are a few other changes in the latest CS: GO update as well, so check out the full update notes below.
- Added a new version of Vertigo to Wingman official matchmaking.
- Added Zoo and Abbey to Casual and Deathmatch official matchmaking.
- Removed Austria and Subzero from official matchmaking.
- Improved performance.
- Removed connector between A short and A long.
- Removed mid lower entry.
- Added ladder to mid upper entry.
- Moved T spawn towards A to give CTs better mid timings.
- Fixed several bomb stuck spots and clipping issues.
- Accounts are now automatically upgraded to Prime by reaching Lieutenant Rank 21.
- Fixed a regression for some Perfect World accounts with completed Identity Verification and restored their Prime Account Status.
- Fixed scoreboard team names truncation in some languages.
- Fixed random map behavior in offline with bots game modes.
- Adjusted velocity value for when jump ‘step’ sound plays for more consistent behavior.
- Fixed a bug where player fall damage sound wasn’t playing most of the time.
- Fixed a bug where “the bomb has been defused” and “counter-terrorists win” VO lines could overlap each other.
What do you think about the changes in the CS: GO January update and are you going to miss Subzero and Austria? Let us know in the comment section below.