After that big Danger Zone update which introduced a new map, some players have been getting some CS: GO lobby issue. Specifically, the game could crash to your desktop and it was pretty annoying. Thankfully, Valve has deployed a fix to these CS: GO lobby issue on Sunday, 5 May, and after installing the update, these crashes should be a thing of the past.
For those who haven’t played the game in a while, Valve released a massive Danger Zone update that introduced a new map called Sirocco recently. However, things aren’t perfect at all, with multiple issues including that players could get stuck. Further, there has been a rare occurrence of the bomb (in the normal game) becoming invisible to some players after being planted.
In a relatively small but important update, Valve has also addressed these issues. Check out the update notes below.
- Fixed a rare case when planted bomb model was invisible for some players.
- Added clip brushes to several areas where players were getting stuck
- Added several physics clips to plug holes where dropped items could get lost
- Added 2nd ladder on opposite side of Lighthouse bridge
- Changed collision on Kasbah grate so grenades will pass through
- Added missing collision to step well stairs model
- Renamed Medina to Town
- Removed floating fish
Even though CS: GO isn’t perfect and there is a big cheater issue thanks in part to the game being free-to-play, it is great to see Valve jumping in to deliver a weekend update when players are having trouble.
What do you think about the new Danger Zone map and did you experience any crashes when in a match lobby recently? Let us know in the comment section below.