While the Katowice 2019 Major continues on (now 50% off on the Viewer Pass) and we’ve been treated to a tonne of amazing CS: GO esports matches, Valve continues to improve the game as well. In the latest CS: GO update that dropped in the early hours of the morning, Valve has made a bunch of improvements to the battle royale mode, Danger Zone, tinkered with three maps making several changes and improvements, and more.
Related: 15th Anniversary CS: GO Major Announced
Ever since Valve released the CS: GO Danger Zone update, things haven’t been the same. The game went free-to-play with this battle royale mode that felt a little lacklustre. Then, all the cheaters flooded in, resulting in over 1 million bans last month.
Now, Valve is making some improvements to Danger Zone. In the latest CS: GO update, Valve also made several adjustments and fixes to three maps, namely Abbey, Biome and Zoo. Check out all the changes as per the CS: GO Blog below:
- Added “auto-fill squad” option for Danger Zone games and made all games to have squads of two players. Deselecting the “auto-fill squad” option allows players to play solo for additional challenge.
- Spectators can press alt+number to select spectator targets with numbers greater than 10.
- Squads now show their number and color on the overview map for spectators.
- Number keys now select Danger Zone squads and not individual players.
- Spectators can cycle squad members by pressing the same squad number key or “minus” key (this feature is toggled with sv_dz_spec_group_teams).
- Next and previous spectator commands will now group players in Danger Zone squads consecutively.
- Players on a Danger Zone squad show their spectator panel colored to their squad color.
- Updated the Danger Zone squad colors to work better overall with the overview image and make them easier to see.
- Player eye lines in spectating and other elements are now colored to match their Danger Zone squad color.
- Fixed spectator cameras selecting cameras that were over 2000 units away from the target.
Map Adjustments & Fixes
- Fixed floating flower
- Fixed drawing distance on few props in middle area
- Changed texture in the underpass for better visibility of CT models
- Added clipping on the ramps to prevent weapons being dropped there
- Added smooth clips
- Removed pixel angle on B ramp from Ivy
- Fixed z – fighting in the house on B bombsite
- Fixed collision on crate model
- Added painting
- Renovated library
- Fixed some models not being rendered in water reflection
- Can now jump on crates at A
- Improved visuals on high settings
- Reduced bombsite explosion radius
- Visual improvements
- Fixed several bomb stuck spots
- Swapped swat vans for generic vans
- Removed an invisible brush blocking grenades at Aquarium T side double doors
- Improved movement through hole in rocks at the back of Seals balcony
- Rotated Seals infoboard at mid
- Disabled collisions on ceiling beams at mid
- Removed hiding spot below Lemur treehouse
Related: CS: GO Bans Clock in at Nearly 1 Million for January 2019, Setting a New Record
What do you think about the improvements made to Danger Zone as well as the changes to the three maps? Let us know in the comment section below.