CD Projekt Red has apparently shown off some new Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay to Polish press which has revealed a load of new details we have yet to see.
These new details range from how combat will work visually to how you can play mini-games in the game. These details also expand on the hacking tools and digital experience of the game such as installing skills and controlling the world around you.
The list of details was found over on NeoGaf and was translated by someone on the official forums after being published across a couple of Polish gaming sites.
New Cyberpunk 2077 Gameplay Details
- We can start a conversation with an NPC without leaving our bike or car. It works like a classic dynamic conversation.
- Some merchants will offer unique items and discounts only for a specified period of time or at specific times.
- You can buy various clothes like long jackets, sneakers, t-shirts, …
- Example of programs that a net runner can buy: a program to disable cybernetic eyes or another to block a cybernetic member
- As you advance your hacking skills, the options will expand from a simple door opening to controlling cameras or turrets and more.
- Mini-games related to hacking will be different depending on the installation you hack.
- Bots can also hack at a distance
- Increases are performed only from a specialist but minor changes will be possible by ourselves such as improving our mantis blade by adding poison
- You can increase your skills by finding a trainer or by installing certain implants
- The scarcity of objects corresponds to its availability rate in stores. The rarer an object is, the more street cred will it take for a seller to offer it to us
- Street Cred will also increase the quality of buyable components for crafting
- They have changed the way to show the damage compared to the 2018 demo and try several methods to indicate the damage taken by the opponent without flooding the screen with numbers (the numbers are still there but in smaller quantities) like adding special animations
- The inventory will be limited according to the weight that can be transported
- When V uses a glass bottle to shatter it on the skull of an opponent, this results in a bloody visual effect and the shard of the bottle is still usable for impaling it in the body of an opponent
- Example of interactive discussion between V and Placide in the demo: during the conversation, a henchman enters the room with a message. If V looks at this character, new dialogue options appear to interact with him that, according to the devs, will have an impact on the conversation with Placid if used.
- When Placide forces V to connect to the network to be monitored during his mission, an interruption is possible if we have Street Kid because only a child of the street knows the way gangs work.
- More details about the boss fight with Sasquatch: The fight takes place in a small room with interactive objects. The boss can use these items to prevent us from reaching his back. It is possible to avoid the fight
- Each attribute and skill goes up to level 10. There are 60 perks too (5 per skill) and each perk has 5 levels of progression
- You can combine skills with doping products like the slow-motion effect during a hacking to have more time. This was used during a fight against an Animals in order to have time to hack him
- In the demo, V is level 18 with a street cred level 12. Brigitte is level 45 and was the highest level NPC met in the demo.
- If you take a driver out of his car to rob him and there is a gang or the police around, a violent response will be felt
- When you want to pause the main quest, there will be a lot of side quests available. On top of that, there will be many events happening across the city and how to interfere with it can lead to a quest. In addition to that, Night City brings together many activities. Unlike The Witcher 3, there will not be a classic quest table to tell us what to do when doing it. However, optical improvements will make it possible to simulate through the augmented reality the highlighting of certain points in the environment.
- Braindance is an important part of stimulating someone’s memories.
- Everyone will not be increased in the same way. The richest will have increases that only they can have. Others will not want improvement by religious conviction. The idea is not to create a homogeneous but very different population
- Cyberpsychose is present in the game. Our character can not reach it but through quests or scripted events, we can see the damage to the improvements on the psyche.
- Religions are still very present in Night City. Our vision of Cyberpunk is not to describe an alternative world but a continuity of our world. Some things will look like our current reality. For example, Christianity is present in the game and will even have a faction.
- “The journalist says that the presence of religion is likely to create a scandal”, which CDP respond with: “We will not avoid any subject, even if they may offend the sensitivity of some. We are not here to say whether it is good or bad.”
- With Cyberpunk 2077, CDP has also exacerbated community membership as a way for people to protect themselves from danger and poverty.
- The type of your character will be at your convenience. You will not necessarily choose strictly a man or a woman. One can have a male body with feminine attributes, a feminine voice and feminine hair. The type of voice will impact how NPCs will perceive us.
We are not sure which demo was shown to the Polish press but hopefully, we will get to see it ourselves soon. The public has yet to see the Cyberpunk 2077 E3 2019 demo which CD Projekt Red claimed to be published in the months after the convention.
Cyberpunk 2077 is set for release on 16 April 2020 for PS4, Xbox One and PC.