This weekend the first-ever DC FanDome event kicks off. The online convention is set to break new ground when it comes to online expos and streams. The event for fans of DC will feature online panels, cosplay, fan art, comics and some big announcements related to the DC universe. One of these being the overly-teased Batman: Court of Owls.
However, those of you hoping to see it all this weekend may have to lower your expectations a bit. DC announced they are now splitting the FanDome event in two with the second half taking place in September. But when does the DC FanDome start and how can you watch it? We have you covered.
When Does the DC FanDome Start?
This Comic-Con-like event will now take place over two weekends in 2020. The first is this coming weekend from 22 August 2020. The stream kicks off at 19:00 SAT/1pm ET/10am PT. The next stream is set for 12 September 2020.
What to Expect?
The DC Hall of Heroes kicks off first and will feature special programming, panels and new announcements from DC. This includes the film and video game reveals. Expect some news on Wonder Woman 1984, the SnyderCut of Justice League, and The Suicide Squad.
When it comes to video games, hopefully, we can finally see the new Batman: Court of Owls announced alongside the confirmed Suicide Squad game. There’s also a high possibility of Injustice 3 making a debut too.
After which, there is an 8-hour stream that is repeated over the 24-hour event. So if you miss anything or find yourself watching something else, you can always catch up later on. In short, it is not a 24-hour stream, it is just an 8-hour program repeated a couple of times during the day.
DC FanDome Islands
Best of all, DC FanDome makes up multiple online “islands” so you can visit any of them over the course of the day. This includes;
- DC WatchVerse: Here’s where you grab a seat, sit back and join our virtual audience and become completely engrossed in hours of must-see content from around the world. Everything from panels and exclusive screenings to never-before-seen footage, featuring cast, creators and behind-the-scenes crew from across DC Films, TV, Home Entertainment and Games.
- DC YouVerse: Venture into this world where the FANS are the stars to see the most amazing user-generated content, cosplay and fan art from around the world, including, perhaps, your own.
- DC KidsVerse: Need a way to entertain your kids for hours on end? We’ve got you covered inside a special world, which can be accessed directly at DCKidsFanDome.com. This area features a broad range of family-friendly activations for our younger fans.
- DC InsiderVerse: This creativity-based world contains a centrepiece video featuring legendary artist and DC CCO/Publisher Jim Lee, President of DC-Based Film Production Walter Hamada, and creator of the DC TV Arrowverse, Executive Producer Greg Berlanti, welcoming fans with a 101-style introduction to the DC Multiverse. From there, go behind the scenes with the master artisans who bring DC to life in all its forms, from comic books to games, TV, movies, theme parks, consumer products and more.
- DC FunVerse: Take your DC FanDome experience and gather cool shareable; check out our comic book reader; DIY cool WW84 Golden Armor and Batmobile kits; plus digital giveaways and a store filled with merchandise, including some limited-edition exclusives.