After nearly a decade spent in development hell, it seems like Dead Island 2 turned out to be a success at launch. According to developer Dambuster Studios, the sequel managed to sell 1 million copies in its first weekend alone with sales projected to continue decently strong due to good word of mouth from players surrounding the game.
Dambuster Studios posted the news on Twitter yesterday, confirming that Dead Island 2 sold a million copies around four days after its launch last week Friday. “HELL-A welcomed over a million Slayers during its launch weekend,” said the tweet. “That’s mind-blowing. Thank you!”
READ MORE – Dead Island 2 Gold Edition and Pre-Order Content Doesn’t Even Exist Yet
Given that Dead Island 2 exchanged hands during development multiple times with people joking about it never releasing since its announcement all the way back in 2014, it’s a bit astonishing to see it work out so well. Most games that go through similar ordeals in development usually don’t have the same luxury.
Additionally, Dead Island 2 also received mostly positive reviews from fans and critics. It’s not going to change the world or win any major awards but most players seem to agree that it’s a lot of fun and worth sinking time into. You can read our full review right here to find out if we felt the same way.
If you’re one of the players who picked up the game at launch, we’ve got several guides, tips and tricks for you:
- Are There Guns in Dead Island 2 and How Do They Work?
- Dead Island 2 – All Weapon Rarities and How to Tell if You Have a Unique Weapon
- Dead Island 2 – My Mailman Was a Zombie Lost and Found Guide
- Dead Island 2 – How Long Does it Take to Beat and What is the Level Cap
- Dead Island 2 – Missing: Davis Lost and Found Guide
- Dead Island 2 – Missing: Laura Lost and Found Guide
- Dead Island 2 – The Clean and Snatch Lost and Found Guide
- Dead Island 2 – Missing: Jamal Lost and Found Guide
Dead Island 2 is now available for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S and PC.