Now that Bungie is self-publishing Destiny, they can make their own decisions and the first big one the studio made was to delay Destiny 2: Shadowkeep as well as the free-to-play Destiny 2: New Light.
RELATED: Cyberpunk 2077 Card Game Announced
The announcement was made over on the Bungie blog where the studio explained they need more time for the upcoming releases. Destiny 2: Shadowkeep was meant to release on 17 September 2019 and will now land on 1 October 2019.
Bungie did not state why they are delaying the games but only that they need more time to polish them. However, the studio does plan on rolling out the cross-save feature before Shadowkeep and New Light releases in October.
The delay also means the current ongoing Destiny 2 Season of Opulence content is being extended. Bungie revealed the Moments of Triumph event will now end on 17 September, moved up from 27 August.
Iron Banner will also return on 17 September so we still have two full Iron Banner PvP events incoming before the new expansion launches.
Bungie also touched on the World First for the upcoming Shadowkeep expansion saying the Garden of Salvation Raid will release on 5 October and gamers will have a full weekend to try and complete it.
- Moments of Triumph has been extended through 9/17.
- Gambit Prime and Reckoning weapon reward rates will be highly increased.
- They will also have bad-luck protection to guarantee a drop after a set amount of runs.
- Reckoning difficulty will be tuned to be more welcoming as you hunt for rewards.
- BrayTech Schematics will no longer have a daily lockout and will give better chances toward weapons that players do not own.
- Mountaintop and Wendigo GL3 pinnacle quests will become more accessible.
- Specific quest objectives will be tuned based on player feedback
- There will be multiple weeks of increased Valor and Infamy to look forward to in September.
- Iron Banner will be accompanied by increased Valor in each event.
- As the season comes to a close, Menagerie chests will become more rewarding as Calus sees fit.
- On the week of Destiny 2 Update 220.127.116.11, we’ll be hosting a Community Challenge of sorts. Stay tuned for more details.
The studio plans on releasing more information on the Destiny 2 Cross-Save feature next week as well as PC migration from the Battle.net launcher to Steam.
For now, check out the latest trailer for Destiny 2: Shadowkeep and prepare for the now-longer wait.
Editor for GLITCHED | Geek AF | Gamer | Techie | Foodie | Cars | Not a morning person | Cats Are Better Than Dogs |