Blizzard Entertainment has released a brand new live-action trailer for its upcoming action-RPG, Diablo 4. The trailer arrives under two weeks before its planned beta is expected to kick off for all players that pre-ordered the game, followed by an open beta for everyone near the end of the month.
The live-action trailer for Diablo 4 takes place in a chapel with rooftop paintings depicting the game’s various classes, conflicts and the central villain, Lilith. The trailer asks players to “Deliver Us From Evil” and take down the daughter of Hatred. A beta will take place between 17-19 March for all players that pre-ordered the game, while another open beta is planned from 24-26 March for everyone to enjoy.
READ MORE – Cities: Skylines 2 Announced Alongside The Lamplighters League and More
The description under the new live-action trailer for Diablo 4 reads:
“Hatred has returned, and the battle against her darkness has been immortalized in a gothic mural of epic proportions on the ceiling of Chapelle de Jesuites in Cambrai, France. Welcome to the Cathedral of Diablo. Play the Open Beta for a chance to have your own likeness added to the painting!”
Diablo 4 promises to return to the franchise’s gothic roots, lifting stylistic inspiration from the first two games which had a notably darker tone. The third game opted to go for a more animated aesthetic which didn’t sit well with many fans, though the gameplay was still exceptional. Diablo 4 will feature a main antagonist in Lilith, the daughter of the Primevil Mephisto and the creator of the first nephalem of Sanctuary.
The game (as well as the beta) will feature five playable classes for players to choose from:
- Barbarian: The Barbarian has unparalleled strength and expertly wields an entire arsenal in battle, with a weapon for every occasion. He bellows intimidating war cries and unleashes ground-shaking slams to send approaching hordes reeling.
- Druid: The Druid is a savage shapeshifter, fluidly transforming between the forms of a towering bear or a vicious werewolf to fight alongside the creatures of the wild. He also commands the power of earth, wind, and storm, unleashing nature’s wrath to devastating effect.
- Necromancer: Necromancers are cunning summoners that conjure vengeful hordes of the undead. Their Essence flows into three powerful bastions of Bone, Blood, or Shadow to bring low their enemies.
- Rogue: The Rogue is an adaptable, agile warrior who can specialize in ranged or close quarters combat. She can best any foe with her imbued weapons, perform powerful combo attacks, and can augment her arsenal with deadly poisons and shadow magic to slay demons with impunity.
- Sorcerer: The Sorceress shapes the elements into whatever form is necessary to ensure victory, from hurling bolts of lightning, impaling her foes upon jagged spikes of ice, and raining flaming meteors down from the sky.
Diablo 4 launches on 6 June 2023 for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S and PC. Check out the live-action trailer below.