Valve has released the Dota 2 gameplay update 7.23c, making a tonne of hero and item changes, as well as general item changes after the massive update that introduced two new heroes, changed the map, introduced outposts and much more. It felt like Dota 3 and with all these changes, gameplay updates are expected to balance the game.
In the Dota 2 gameplay update 7.23c, there are changes to a total of 21 items and 27 heroes, as well as several general changes from Valve. First, check out the general changes below:
- Outpost XP reduced from 25 per minute to 18
- Level 10 XP talents reduced from 20/25/30/40 (most were 25/30) to 20%
- Level 15 XP talents reduced from 35/40/50 to 35%
- Glyph duration on creeps reduced from 7 to 4
- Innate Damage Block now works against player units again (same rules as regular damage block now)
- Innate Damage Block changed from 100% for 8 block to 50% for 16 block
- Innate Damage Block no longer stacks with damage block instances
- Courier items that are locked will now not be delivered nor will they be returned to the stash
- Courier base movement speed increased from 275 to 280
- Neutral Items no longer roll if there is an enemy of the killer within 600 AoE of the dying unit
You can find all the item as well as hero balance changes from the Dota 2 gameplay update 7.23c by heading here. However, there are a couple that we want to point out. Magnus with a Scepter has been hit quite hard with the nerf bat and Treat has gotten some big, interesting changes. Check them out below.
- Skewer Scepter reduces manacost by 50% rather than 100%
- Skewer Scepter cooldown increased from 4 to 6 seconds
- Now has an innate Nature’s Guise passive ability. Whenever you haven’t taken damage in the last 3 seconds, you gain the ability to path through trees. While in trees you gain 25% more regeneration and heal as well as a 15% Movement Speed bonus. (Once you have the ability to walk through trees, you don’t lose it until you aren’t near trees.)
- Scepter now also causes trees to respawn every 10 seconds instead of the default 5 minutes
- Living Armor is now global.
- Living Armor bonus armor reduced from 7/10/13/16 to 4/6/8/10
- Living Armor now heals over 12 seconds instead of 8
- Living Armor total heal reduced from 60/120/180/240 to 60/100/140/180
- Level 10 Talent changed from +10% Cooldown Reduction to Nature’s Guise Invisibility
- Level 10 Talent changed from +60 Living Armor Heal to +50 Damage
- Level 15 Talent changed from +90 Damage to +60 Living Armor Heal
- Level 20 Talent changed from Gains Tree Walking to +15% Cooldown Redu
What do you think about all the changes made by Valve in the Dota 2 gameplay update 7.23c and the nerfs to Magnus? Let us know in the comment section below.