If you’re booting up Dying Light 2 this morning then you’ve probably downloaded the game’s infamous day one update. Techland claims that the update is expected to fix thousands of bugs that plagued reviewers’ experiences during the past few weeks.
Techland released the Dying Light 2 day one update patch notes on Discord and they aren’t as long as everyone thought they would be. There are some important fixes to prevent AI issues, story progression, crashes and more but where are the so-called “thousands of fixes”?
Perhaps the media were just blowing it out of proportion as to how big this update is. Either that or Techland only released a portion of the bug fixes publically and the rest weren’t shared with players. Check out the Dying Light 2 day one update patch notes below.
Dying Light 2 Day One Patch Notes
- Fixed the Broadcast infinite respawn story block
- Fix for dialogues that block story progression
- Re-signing to the co-op session doesn’t fail in case the user is logged in
- Fixed crash when handing electrical parts to Carlos in Bazaar
- Fixed problems with temporarily lowering the difficulty level – improved adaptive difficulty for AIs
- Fixed crash caused by background renderer during the transition between menu and loading screens
- Increased Wwise overall memory limit – fix for missing sounds and voice-over
- Resolved problems with objects and AI sinking into the ground on a flat surface.
- Fix for AI sometimes freezing/becoming immortal when the owner changes during death
- Added protection against potential crashes.
- Updates for ES, CH; DE intro.
- Added missing game actions fixing occasional unresponsiveness.
- Fixed Streamer Mode option which was not working properly.
- Fixed crash on opening the secondary screen.
- Fixed disconnecting co-op sessions after a certain amount of time.
- And many more…
The PC version has already received most of these implements, as well as the two below, and will be patched to parity with the console Day 1 update over the next 48 hours.
- DLSS enabled. Improved default DLSS sharpness.
- Fixed the gamepad not being detected by the game before any movement or action is conducted using a keyboard or mouse.
You can join the Dying Light 2 Discord channel here for updates and more.