EA Games will remove Battlefield 1943, Battlefield Bad Company and Battlefield Bad Company 2 from storefronts in April. The company announced that on 28 April, gamers will no longer be able to purchase these three classic Battlefield titles. In addition, EA Games says they will shut down the servers for all three games on 8 December.
The company says that the move comes as it shifts focus towards its “current and future Battlefield experiences”.
READ MORE – Crash Team Rumble Gets Release Date and Closed Beta
EA doesn’t explain why the company is removing Battlefield Bad Company and Battlefield Bad Company 2 from digital stores when both games include a single-player campaign. The company simply states that “there comes a time in every game’s lifecycle when it makes sense for us to remove it from online stores.”
So if you want to jump into any of these three games, you have until 28 April to play them. The online components will then be shut down on 8 December 2023 which means you’ll no longer be able to play these games online.
Starting April 28 2023, Battlefield 1943, Battlefield: Bad Company 1 & 2 will be removed from digital storefronts and you will no longer be able to purchase them. This is in preparation for the retirement of the online services for these titles which will happen on December 8 2023. For Bad Company 1 & 2, you can still continue playing them and use their respective offline features, such as the single player campaign. You can also read our FAQ and Service Updates for further information on the retirement of online services.
These Battlefield games join the other list of titles from EA which shut down in November last year. The 13 games include Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3, Tiberium Wars, Army of Two, Mirror’s Edge, OnRush and others.
Source: EA Games