Elden Ring, the latest open-world action-RPG by From Software, has been out for a few weeks and many are approaching the game’s final stretches. However, there are at least six endings to unlock that all need certain requirements to be met. Here’s a guide on each ending explained and how to unlock them.
Firstly, this is a massive SPOILER WARNING in case you don’t wish to be spoiled of Elden Ring‘s various endings. It’s difficult to talk about the endings without mentioning story spoilers for NPC questlines, so you have been warned.
How to Unlock All Elden Ring Endings
Age of Fracture
The Age of Fracture ending is the default ending to Elden Ring. No requirements have to be met in order to unlock this ending. Here, the Tarnished chooses to mend the Elden Ring and begin a new age as the Elden Lord. To unlock it, you simply have to select the option “Mend the Elden Ring” after defeating the final boss.
Age of Order
The Age of Order is a variation of the default ending of the game (most consider it the best ending too). Players will need to complete the Goldmask and Brother Corhyn questline in order to achieve this ending.
Here’s a full breakdown of their questline:
- Brother Corhyn can first be met in the Roundtable Hold. Exhaust his dialogue once in the Hold.
- Once you reach the Altus Plateau, speak to Brother Corhyn again who will inform you he’s leaving to find Goldmask. After resting, you can then find him at the Altus Highway Junction waypoint next to the Map monument.
- You need to speak to Goldmask next. He can be found on the northern broken bridge of the Altus Plateau. Once you’ve spoken to Goldmask, return to Brother Corhyn to inform him of Goldmask’s location.
- After resting, Brother Corhyn will then appear next to Goldmask. Exhaust his dialogue and speak to him about Goldmask.
- For the next step, you’ll need to have acquired at least two Great Runes and gained access to Leyndell Royal Capital. Corhyn and Goldmask will move to the large colosseum in Leyndell, found on a cliff edge. Exhaust Corhyn’s dialogue about Goldmask.
- Return to the Erdtree Sanctuary site of grace, head down an elevator and some stairs until you find a statue with a white marker in front of it stating “Regression.” Stand on the message, face the statue and perform the “Law of Regression” incantation to solve the riddle. Casting this incantation requires 37 Intelligence, so you might need to respec. Report back to Goldmask and Corhyn.
- After resting, Goldmask and Corhyn will move to the bridge south of Stargazers’ Ruins.
- Once you complete Crumbling Farum Azula, speak to Goldmask who can be found in the Leyndell Ashen Capital at the bottom of the colosseum cliffs. He will then give you the Mending Rune of Perfect Order.
Once you beat the final boss, you must choose “Use Mending Rune of Perfect Order” to unlock the Age of Order ending.
Age of Duskborn
The Age of Duskborn ending will require players to complete Fia’s questline first.
Here’s a full breakdown of her questline:
- Once you reach Altus Plateau, speak to Fia in the Roundtable Hold for additional dialogue, where she hands you a Weathered Dagger. Give this dagger to D, Hunter of the Dead in the Roundtable Hold.
- You’ll need to acquire at least two great runes in this next step. Return to Fia and she’ll hand you coordinates to the Black Knifeprint. Rest and she’ll now be in a previously locked room in the Roundtable Hold (near the blacksmith).
- Head to the tallest part of the Deeproot Depths area next to defeat Fia’s Champions. She’ll appear after the fight in the back of the arena. Talk to her and she’ll ask you to find the Cursemark of Death, acquired through Ranni’s questline.
- After you have to Cursemark of Death, return to her again and exhaust her dialogue. Reload the area and you can find her resting. Inspect her to be teleported into the Deathbed Dream to fight Lichdragon Fortissax.
- Beating this boss rewards you with the Mending Rune of the Death-Prince.
Once you beat the final boss, you must choose “Use Mending Rune of Death-Prince” to unlock the Age of Duskborn ending.
Blessing of Despair
The Blessing of Despair ending will require players to complete the Dung Eater’s questline.
Here’s a full breakdown of his questline:
- Dung Eater can be found in the Roundtable Hold, but his room can only be accessed once you get to Altus Plateau.
- Show the Dung Eater one Seedbed Curse and he will give you the Sewer-Goal Key. This unlocks the sewers beneath Leyndell Royal Capital via well, where you’ll need to head down to the Subterranean Shunning-Grounds.
- The Dung Eater can be found in the unlocked sewers and released from his prison cell by speaking to him.
- Important: If you encounter a hostile Dung Eater after step 3, don’t kill him as that will end his questline. Simply avoid him.
- Return to the Roundtable Hold to find a note from Dung Eater asking you to fight him in the outer moat. This location can be found near the Leyndell Royal Capital.
- After defeating Dung Eater in the outer moat, return to the Roundtable Hold and speak to him in his usual room.
- You’ll need to give him 5 Seedbed Curses. Once done, he will give you the Mending Rune of the Fell Curse.
Once you beat the final boss, you must choose “Use Mending Rune of the Fell Curse” to unlock the Blessing of Despair ending.
Lord of the Frenzied Flame
The Lord of Frenzied Flame ending requires players to meet with the Three Fingers. They can be found in the Subterranean Shunning-Grounds near the Cathedral of the Forsaken behind a huge door. Players will need to unequip all their armor and gear in order to open this door. Once you speak to them, they will gift you with the Flame of Frenzy which locks you into the Lord of Frenzied Flame ending.
Important: It’s possible for this ending to override all other ending choices once you’ve acquired the Flame of Frenzy. To remove its curse, you’ll need to use Miquella’s Needle at Dragonlord Placidusax’s arena at Crumbling Farum Azula.
Age of the Stars
The final ending of Elden Ring is the most complex as it requires players to complete the long questline of Ranni the Witch.
Here’s a full breakdown of her questline:
- Ranni will first be encountered as Renna at the Church of Elleh in the beginning of the game.
- She will then be found in Liurnia atop Ranni’s Rise at night. After exhausting her dialogue, speak to the spectral forms of Blaidd, Seluvis and War Counselor Iji around Ranni’s Rise.
- You’ll need to speak to Blaidd in the Siofra River area next. He can be found right of the Ancestor Spirit structure near a cliff edge. Exhaust his dialogue then head to Redmane Castle south of Caelid. (You can also choose to speak to Seluvis and Sellen after Blaidd, but in my experience, it’s not a necessity).
- Once in Redmane Castle, you’ll find it mostly deserted except for the Radahn Festival taking place. You’ll need to defeat Starscourge Radahn to progress Ranni’s quest.
- After defeating Radahn, return to Mistwood and follow the floating rocks to find the entrance to Nokron. Progress through Nokron to Night’s Sacred Ground in order to find the Fingerslayer Blade.
- Return to Ranni and hand her the Fingerslayer Blade. She will then give you the Carian Inverted Statue. Use this to access the Divine Tower of Liurnia. You’ll find Ranni’s corpse at the top of the tower, where you’ll receive the Cursemark of Death.
- Renna’s Rise will now be open, where players can now reach Ainsel River Main. You can loot a Miniature Ranni doll from the nearest corpse once you arrive there.
- Rest at the nearest site of grace and attempt to speak to the doll three times. Ranni will then respond, asking you to defeat Baleful Shadow.
- Players will need to go to Nokstella Waterfall Basin to find the Baleful Shadow. Once defeated, Ranni will tell players that she has been released and will reward them with the Discarded Palace Key.
- Use this key to unlock the chest by the Raya Lucaria Grand Library (where Rennala is) to get the Dark Moon Ring.
- Travel to the Lake of Rot area in Ainsel River and defeat Astel, Naturalborn of the Void (accessed by hopping into a coffin at the Grand Cloister).
- This will give players access to the Moonlight Alter area south of Liurnia that was previously inaccessible. Ride up to the Cathedral of Manus Celes and hop down a small hole next to the site of grace to find Ranni’s body. Place the ring on her finger and Ranni will be freed, locking you into her ending.
Elden Ring is now available for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S and PC.