Up to now, we have only seen one Elden Ring trailer. We don’t know what the gameplay looks like, what the story is about or when we will play the game. However, over the past few days, detailed reports of the game have popped up online. While none of this is confirmed to be true yet, a lot of the gameplay details come from so-called “insider” working at FromSoftware.
Keep in mind that this could all be fake and made up by some hardcore and imaginative fan. Often these leaks turn out to be true. Well, some of it anyway. Take this with a pinch of salt for now.
The latest information blowout reveals that Elden Ring could be one of the most ambitious and immersive games FromSoftware has ever made. The game will span multiple worlds instead of one with multiple intersecting hubs. The game features a full day/night cycle with the dynamic world changing as the hours go by. Different enemies and events will appear depending on the time of day and the dynamic. In addition, the game’s dynamic weather will see players enter an area in sunlight and leave with rolling clouds and raging thunderstorms.
As for the Elden Ring lore, it too is more ambitious than past games. The world will be populated with different races. The game will feature multiple schools of magic with their own unique ideologies and motivations.
Take a look at the full breakdown of the recently leaked details below courtesy of Resetera.
- A day/night cycle has been added, and it’s not just for cosmetic window dressing. Different enemies and events will occur depending on the time of day. A dynamic weather system is also here.
- Elden Ring marks the departure from the static worlds of previous titles, to a much more dynamic one. Enemies will change their positing constantly, and events in the open world will occur without the player manually triggering them. The world of Elden Ring moves on its own, and is filled with dangers, threats and rewards to make exploration worth it.
- Roaming enemies of various sizes will be in the vast open world, and you will see large roaming creatures in the distance while exploring.
- Elden Ring marks a major evolution in Fromsoftware’s ARPG formula, but to advance they went back to pillars of the original Dark Souls, which was the sense of “world” it had. The open world of Elden Ring is fully interconnected and players are free to explore it as they see fit. It is filled to the brim with secrets and areas to explore.
- One of the core pillars of Elden Ring’s design was to make sure they created a meaningful and fully realized world to the best of their ability. A world that contains a wide variety of exciting situations and experiences in the open world. To really make the world feel alive and as fully realized as possible, like a place you can truly immerse yourself in and lose hours to and to a massively greater degree than in previous titles.
- The game doesn’t take place in just a single land like past Fromsoft titles but **multiple** each with their own distinct qualities, characteristics, visuals and recognizable inhabitants.
- The Elden Ring itself affects the open world in massive ways, and its impact can be felt in the open world very strongly.
- Elden Ring will have the highest gear count & variety in any Fromsoft ARPG yet.
- Players will have more options in how they approach situations than in previous souls titles.
- Underground exploration plays a significant role in the game.
- The enemy A.I has been enhanced to reflect the more sophisticated gameplay systems and open world, enemies will now perform more elaborate and intelligent tactics in battle. The open world of Elden Ring will allow for much more interesting and dynamic combat situations due to the vast spaces you’ll be exploring.
- There is an emphasis on making path commitment worth it. The more you make your way through a dangerous location, the rewards will really reflect that and will feel worth venturing in for.
- An enhanced lighting system is also here to add to the immersion of this ever-changing open-world ” You could enter a zone at dawn on a rainy day and exit with the night setting in and clouds clearing the way for the sky”.
- To make the world even more immersive, wildlife is included as well.
- Online functionality and PVP is here.
- A reminder that Miyazaki has stated in the IGN interview that there will be “interesting activities besides combat this time around.”
- For the first time, the world will be populated with different races, unlike previous Fromsoft titles where most races were humans or humanoid.
- While Elden Ring is a dark fantasy open-world game, he also labels it a high fantasy title due to the scale of the world, locations, and narrative being of a much grander scale. With “grandiose” fantasy locations you’ll explore to reflect that.
- GRRM’s involvement can be fully felt, as this is the most fully realized world Fromsoftware has ever created, with an almost “encyclopedic” amount of history to it. It is a world with already functioning bodies, kingdoms, and major players. Even gods and demigods are in.
- The shattering of the Elden Ring has affected every single facet of the inhabitant’s lives, and the world itself. You as the player will see the effects of this existential crisis on the world and its peoples as you make your way through it.
- When the Elden Ring shattered, the barrier that kept out the most “horrible” and “unimaginable” things broke down, and these beings have been slowly making their way in.
- Schools of magic just aren’t about what magic elements they wield, but what organization you feel the most connected to and which ideals you most closely believe in. Each organization has its own ideologies and motivations, this will be reflected in their sub narratives as well as the people who wield it.
- Your player character is human.
- Players will be given a more personal story narrative and motivation in comparison to past titles.
- The game will have a brighter overall tone, but will also have plenty of the weird and bizarre things you’d expect from a Fromsoftware game. Some of the darkest stuff they’ve ever done is here as well.
Remember, take this with a pinch of salt for now. Until we see more about the game, this is all just rumours. Hopefully, we will get a glimpse at the upcoming action RPG soon.