In case you were having too easy of a time playing From Software’s latest action-RPG Elden Ring, a new mod makes the game significantly more difficult. The Prepare to Die mod for PC increases the difficulty of Elden Ring, tweaking AI, stats, and gameplay for that added challenge.
The Prepare to Die mod for Elden Ring created by Silentverge delivers an experience that escalates the game’s difficulty. Enemy stats such as damage taken and dealt have been increased so that NG+ scaling applies to NG.
Additionally, enemy AI is now far smarter as they’re able to detect you from further away. If you backstab an enemy via stealth, there’s a good chance nearby enemies will hear this and attack you, letting them react in a more realistic way. In this case, sneaking around enemies is probably the ideal way to survive.
The full notes for the mod can be found below for a more detailed explanation of what you can expect:
“This mod project is a whole complete revamp of enemy AI and enemy stats to increase difficulty more than just health and damage.
Currently available content:
• Enemy stats such as damage, defense and resistences are on par with NG+ for normal NG (HP, FP and Stam are all vanilla) [100% Done]
• Elden Ring enemy AI is enhanced quite a bit, enemies will see and hear you from much further now. They will look for you longer and harder when they hear you. When going for a backstab while undetected, enemies can hear you right behind them. (be quick about it :P) Enemies now are just overall smarter in most cases and sneaking around enemies is now essential to survive. [10% done. Godrick Soldiers and the soldiers in Caelid are finished as of v0.5, more to come soon!!!]
• You can now only warp to churches and cathedrals. [95% Done]
• Added a wider FOV. (Field of View) [100% Done]
• NG+ 1-7 have all been adjusted to accomodate the new difficulty and AI changes. So basically, the AI changes and difficulty changes will scale with all NG+’s [100% Done]”
The most interesting thing the mod introduces is the ability to only fast-travel to churches and cathedrals. There are plenty of Sites of Grace in Elden Ring which act as the bonfire or checkpoint equivalent. From Software is merciful when it comes to the sheer amount of Sites of Grace in Elden Ring‘s open-world, so this limitation in the mod is quite a welcomed change.
Elden Ring is currently available for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S and PC. Check out the mod here (available for PC only).
Source: Nexus Mods