If you have never played Destiny 2 up to this point, you will be able to do so now at no cost at all. Destiny 2: New Light is a brand-new free-to-play model of the popular sci-fi shooter and comes with a load of free content for you to enjoy. This all ties into the launch of Destiny 2: Shadowkeep so if you are not jumping into the new and paid expansion, you can enjoy a lot of the game’s original content for free.
Destiny 2: New Light also marks the move to Steam so you can now download the game on your preferred gaming client right now.
But what does this content include? Bungie highlighted all the free activities that you will be able to participate in while playing Destiny 2: New Light.
The content includes;
- All the maps including ones that came with paid expansions
- Year 1 strikes and Year 1 Nightfalls
- Year 1 Raids including Leviathan, Spire of Stars, Eater of Worlds
- Year 1 and Year 2 Dungeons including Whisper of the Worm, Zero Hour and Outbreak Perfected
- In-Game Events
- Includes rotating events like Iron Banner, Festival of the Lost, The Dawning, Crimson Days, The Revelry, Solstice of Heroes and other timed-events.
- Players will be able to play in this PvPvE game mode even though it was included in Destiny 2: Forsaken.
- Patrol Zone
- Players will be able to visit and explore all Patrol Zones in Destiny 2 including places they don’t own the expansion for like the Dreaming City and Shadowkeep’s Moon. There will be restrictions in place for what content they can participate in.
- Story missions
- Players will be able to play through an abundance of story missions including the entire Red War campaign, and the Curse of Osiris and Warmind expansions.
- Black Armoury Forge
- Forge unique weapons in the Black Armour in this Year 2 content.
- Gambit Prime
- Players will be able to experience this Year 2 version of Gambit and obtain unique loot to build a unique Gambit Prime armour set with specific perks for the game mode
- The Reckoning
- Players can fight through the enemies of The Reckoning for armour to help them in Gambit Prime.
- The Menagerie
- Players can visit the Menagerie as they participate in this PvE activity to complete challenges inside the Leviathan to level up their chalice and unlock unique weapons and loot
- Year 1 Exotics
- Players in Destiny 2: New Light will be able to obtain all exotics from Year 1 but not any from Year 2. In order to be able to obtain these, players will have to purchase the Forsaken content
- This new feature coming with Destiny 2: Shadowkeep gives players bonus mods and powers through XP gains. New Light owners will be able to benefit from this too.
- Season Rank
- New Light players will have access to the “free tier” season rank rewards which is Destiny 2’s new take on a battle pass system. Players can obtain guns, armour and other loot from this ranking system by simply playing the game.
[su_youtube url=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFYJTudJ540&t” width=”900″]
So there you have it. Even with Destiny 2: Shadowkeep releasing this week, players who just want to experience the game for the first time will have an abundance of content to chew through.
Are you picking up Destiny 2: New Light on Steam to give the game a try? Let us know down below. Make sure to check out our guide on all the new exciting things coming to Shadowkeep and 5 ways you can prepare you Guardians for the release of the game on 1 October 2019.
Story - /10
Gameplay - /10
Presentation - /10
Value - /10