Epic Games has detailed the Fortnite next-gen PS5 and Xbox Series X and S features. According to the developer, the popular free-to-play game will run at 4K 60FPS on both PS5 and Xbox Series X and 1080p 60FPS on Series S. In addition, the next-gen update goes live the same day the consoles launch in your territory.
Fortnite on Next-Gen is not just about the resolution on PS5 and Xbox Series X / S, it is also about the visual enhancements. Epic Games says the game benefits from faster matchmaking, dynamic visuals and physics and even an enhanced split-screen mode.
4K Resolution at 60 FPS on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X — Experience Fortnite like never before on consoles with stunning 4K running at a smooth 60 FPS.
- 1080P Resolution at 60 FPS on Series S — Hop into any game mode on Xbox Series S and enjoy 1080P running at a smooth 60 FPS. The Xbox Series S will support most of the visual enhancements available on the Series X.
Dynamic Visuals and Physics — Experience a more dynamic and interactive world with grass and trees responding to explosions, enhanced fluid simulations for smoke and liquid (cooler-looking smoke and liquid effects), and all-new Storm and cloud effects.
- Get into Matches Faster — Loading performance has been significantly upgraded, not only improving texture loading but also helping you get into a match from game start-up much faster.
- Enhanced Split Screen — Split Screen now supports 60 FPS.
Fortnite on PS5 will also benefit from the use of the DualSense controller and console’s UI.
- DualSense Controller Immersion — Haptic feedback makes it feel like you’re holding the Suppressed SMG or Bolt-Action Sniper Rifle. In addition to general vibration support, we’ve integrated haptic trigger feedback for ranged weapons on the new DualSense controller.
- Select Your Favorite Mode from the PS5 Home Screen — Fortnite supports PS5’s Activities, starting with the ability to go straight into the Battle Royale Lobby with either Solo, Duos, or Squads selected. Once in the Lobby, choose to queue up for your selected mode!
Keep in mind that progress is also stored across generations so you can hop on and off your consoles as you will. Fornite on next-gen launches 1o November for Xbox Series X | S and 12 November for PS5. Here’s the reveal trailer;
Editor for GLITCHED | Geek AF | Gamer | Techie | Foodie | Cars | Not a morning person | Cats Are Better Than Dogs |