Developer The Coalition has revealed just about everything PC gamers would want to know about Gears 5 on PC, including the full PC specs required, all the settings PC gamers can tweak the game with and much more. One of the things that Gears 5 on PC really need if you ask many PC gamers is a Steam release and Gears 5 on PC will come to Steam, but you will need an Xbox Live Account but that is free and you don’t need a Gold Subscription to play the game’s multiplayer as you do on Xbox One. That’s a good tradeoff if you ask me.
RELATED: Gears 5 Horde Mode First Gameplay Revealed
Probably the most important thing is the system specs required for Gears 5 on PC. The Coalition has revealed the full, final specs for the game including a minimum, recommended and ideal preset. Check it out below.
Now, let’s look at the graphics settings that PC gamers can tweak in Gears 5. According to the developer, there are more than 35 graphics settings you can tweak in Gears 5 on PC, with extensive control customization and industry-leading graphical features on PC .
Customize and optimize your experience with 35+ graphics settings, including fine detail control of:
- Post Processing
As well as the control you expect on PC with:
- Framerate Management (including unlimited FPS)
- Field of View
Then, the game also has a benchmarking tool that provides “extensive diagnostics to guide your fine tuning and get things absolutely right before you head into gameplay.”
Gears 5 PC Features
There’s a bunch of other features that PC gamers can also take advantage of and should have you smiling, including the following:
- Ultra Texture Pack – For PC gamers who meet or exceed our ideal specifications, you can download an additional texture pack that pushes texture detail to its absolute maximum.
- Super Ultra-Wide and Ultra Wide Gameplay Support – Not only does Gears 5 support Ultra Wide 21:9 gameplay, for the first time in Gears history, we also support Super Ultra Wide 32:9 aspect ratios during gameplay in all modes!
- HDR and Dolby Atmos – Take your audio and visual experience to the next level with wide color gamut HDR10 support and the incredible sound of Dolby Atmos.
Further features you can look forward to are:
- Mouse & Keyboard support with full customization
- Razer Chroma Support
- Steam Achievements
- Cross-buy with Xbox One
- Game Ready Drivers from AMD and NVIDIA
- Cross-play with Xbox One
- Easy Anti-Cheat
Gears 5 is set to release on 10 September 2019 (6 September for Xbox Game Pass owners) on PC and Xbox One.
RELATED: Marvel’s Avengers Gameplay Released Showcasing Combat and More
Will you be playing Gears 5 and what do you think about the specs required and all the options available? Let us know in the comment section below.
[su_youtube url=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYjKYNvAm4s” width=”600″]