If you were looking for a more difficult experience in Ghost of Tsushima then Sucker Punch has you covered. The developer just issued a Ghost of Tsushima update 1.05 for the PS4 exclusive that adds a new difficulty called “Lethal”. According to the patch notes, this new challenge will increase enemy aggression, detections and make them deadlier than ever.
In addition to the harder difficulty, Sucker Punch also added a new Lower Intensity Combat to Ghost of Tsushima. The setting can be found in the accessibility menu. This makes the game much easier across the board. Not only is the combat difficulty relaxed but sneaking is easier and enemy awareness builds up slower.
New difficulty level: Lethal
- – Enemy weapons are more deadly, but Jin’s katana is also more deadly
- – Enemies are more aggressive in combat
- – Enemies detect you faster
- – Tighter Parry and Dodge windows
Patch 1.05 will also include the following new options in the accessibility menu:
Lower Intensity Combat
Lower intensity mode is meant to maintain the heart and feel of Ghost of Tsushima combat while relaxing several timing-specific elements. Combat is less intense, giving you more time to react. Stealth settings are more forgiving, and enemies take longer to detect you.
- – Most enemy attacks which are normally unblockable become blockable. Blocking with L1 will keep you safe from more attacks than standard combat, though some attacks must be dodged
- – Enemies break off their attack combos after damaging you, giving you a chance to recover before the next wave of attacks. In addition, your heavy attacks will interrupt attacks from Brutes, giving you another way to stop their combos.
- – Enemies will not attack you while you’re using Resolve to heal
- – Enemy awareness builds more slowly, giving you more time to recover after being spotted
- – Large Text option: Increases text size of subtitles, mission objectives and interact prompts by 150% when enabled
- – Added option to turn speaker name off.
- – New subtitle text colour options in addition to white: Yellow, Blue, Red, Green
Patch 1.05 also includes additional bug fixes.
Editor for GLITCHED | Geek AF | Gamer | Techie | Foodie | Cars | Not a morning person | Cats Are Better Than Dogs |