It’s Friday, which means there is yet another free game from the Epic Games Store. This week, there aren’t two freebies like we got used to over the past few months, but instead, there’s one free game called The Messenger (from developer Sabotage and published by Devolver Digital) that you can pick up. If you take advantage of this offer in time, as always, the game will be yours to keep forever and play at your leisure.
All you need to do to grab this free game from the Epic Games Store is create a free account (if you don’t have one already) and claim it by heading on over to this link before 21 November 2019.
The Messenger from developer Sabotage and published by Devolver Digital looks like a classic side-scrolling adventure, but with time travel. Since its release in August 2018, the game has seen rave reviews from users on Steam, with an “Overwhelmingly Positive” user review rating, which is something not many games get these days.
[perfectpullquote align=”full” bordertop=”false” cite=”” link=”” color=”#33FFE5″ class=”” size=”20″]As a demon army besieges his village, a young ninja ventures through a cursed world, to deliver a scroll paramount to his clan’s survival. What begins as a classic action platformer soon unravels into an expansive time-travelling adventure full of thrills, surprises, and humour.[/perfectpullquote]
- Dynamic, acrobatic gameplay and ultra tight controls worthy of an epic ninja adventure.
- Character upgrades, new abilities, hidden levels, and branching paths to discover.
- Meticulously designed 8-bit and 16-bit sprites, animations, and backgrounds in the spirit of the classics.
- A memorable cast of offbeat villains, bosses, and associates.
- Original soundtrack by renowned chiptune composer Rainbowdragoneyes, handmade using Famitracker.
Will you be picking up this free game from the Epic Games Store? Let us know in the comment section below.
[su_youtube url=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vaYsgOHTlI” width=”900″]