Hogwarts Legacy recently announced its ensemble of voice actors but the most notable inclusion in the cast appears to be Simon Pegg, who will voice Headmaster Phineas Nigellus Black. The game is a little under a month away from release (at least for current-gen consoles and PC) and it seems like publisher Warner Bros. Interactive is ramping up the marketing and hype leading into its massive launch.
For those perhaps unaware, Simon Pegg has appeared in a number of popular films including Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, Mission: Impossible and J.J. Abrams’ Star Trek trilogy. As a bonus, his likeliness was also used for the character Hughie from The Boys comic book series. Having Pegg on the cast for Hogwarts Legacy is a huge win as he’s also playing not only the school’s headmaster at the time, but also the ancestor of Sirius Black.
Headmaster Phineas Nigelius Black is a descendant of the Slytherin House of Black and is related to Harry Potter’s godfather Sirius Black. Unlike Dumbledore who is mostly loved by the students of Hogwarts, Black is a grouchy recluse who actively avoids his students who don’t take kindly to him. He’s no Dolores Umbridge but it’s easy to see why students seem to distrust and hate him.
Warner Bros. Interactive also revealed a number of voice acting talents for Hogwarts Legacy which includes:
- Luke Youngblood as Everett Clopton, a Ravenclaw and half-blood set on breaking the rules.
- Sebastian Croft as a voice option for the player character
- Amelia Gething as a voice option for the player character
- Lesley Nicol as Professor Matilda Weasley, Deputy Headmistress of Hogwarts
- Kandace Caine as Professor Onai, professor of Divination
- Sohm Kapila as Professor Satyavati Shah, professor of astronomy
- Asif Ali as Mahendra Pehlwaan, Ravenclaw student and “avid rule-keeper”
- Jason Anthony as Nearly Headless Nick and the Sorting Hat
Hogwarts Legacy launches on 10 February 2023 for PS5, Xbox Series X/S and PC. PS4 and Xbox One versions will release on 4 April 2023, followed by a Nintendo Switch version on 25 July 2023.
Source: Wizarding World