ASUS’s Vivobook range has always been centred on portability, style, and functionality, but the new Vivobook 13 Slate OLED adds massive versatility to the budget-focused laptop range, by making the entire notebook detachable.
The benefits of this new style of notebook makes productivity so much more efficient, pretty to look at while maintaining the essence of Vivobook, which is elegance and portability.
ASUS Vivobook 13 Slate OLED
Versatility, Productivity, and Entertainment
The Vivobook 13 Slate OLED is, essentially, a notebook that has been redesigned to be a tablet with an attachable keyboard and the ASUS Pen 2.0. Looking at the bundle offering, you get the tablet itself, which features a 13” OLED screen, OLED Dolby Vision, and VESA DisplayHDR; the detachable keyboard with 1.4mm key travel, 19.05 full-size key pitch, and 0.2mm key-cap dish; ASUS Pen 2.0 which sports 4096 pressure levels, 5-350g pen tip force, a 266 Hz sampling rate, and four interchangeable pen tips.
The idea behind the Vivobook 13 Slate OLED is to create a powerful, beautiful, and versatile workhorse, capable of handling any task you throw at it, whether it be work or play. Powering the stunning screen, handy pen, and detachable keyboard is a 3.3 GHz Intel quad-core CPU, a 256 GB PCIe Gen 3.0 SSD storage, and 8 GB LPDDR4X RAM, along with the new Windows 11 Home, capable of handling any task thrown at it.
The Vivobook 13 Slate OLED offers a magnetic cover stand and a magnetic keyboard to transform it from laptop mode to tablet mode, and vice versa. Even when using the tablet by itself, you can attach the cover stand to the rear of the device to keep it propped up while passively watching content, actively drawing using the ASUS Pen 2.0; even taking notes, editing presentations, or catching up on social media. You are also able to use it in both landscape and portrait modes, giving you the best layout for whatever task you are currently busy with.
Despite having a 13” screen, ASUS has maximised its size by enabling a 16:9 aspect ratio, giving users a 27% larger video area, compared to traditional 4:3 screens. The OLED panel is also a fantastic introduction, as OLED typically offers better colour, better brightness, and is less straining on the eyes. Along with this, there is also ASUS’s proprietary Eye Care technology, which significantly reduces blue light emissions from a panel, which gives you a longer usage time without hurting your vision orbs.
The magnetic keyboard turns this super functional tablet into a more traditional notebook, again propped up with the included cover stand. The keyboard itself offers desktop-sized key spaced and 1.4mm key travel. ASUS’s special key curve design also increases fingertip comfort while typing, ensuring that your fingertips don’t pay the price for your extended typing sessions. If you are tired of typing, you can opt for the handy Pen 2.0, which features Microsoft Pen Protocol (MPP) 2.0 technology which means that any supported app in Windows can take advantage of the ASUS Pen 2.0.
The pen can be used for drawing, marking, notes, editing, as well any other function you can think of with a regular pen, and the interchangeable tips, and sleek design, ensures a comfortable grip and ease-of-use on the screen, prolonging your design or work sessions. Each full charge of the pen offers 140 hours of use, and is rechargeable through the integrated USB-C slot, either from the power bank, laptop, or even a normal charger, giving you plenty of work hours with the Pen 2.0.
- Colour – Black
- Operating System – Windows 11 Home – ASUS recommends Windows 11 Pro for business
- Processor – Intel® Pentium® Silver N6000 Processor 1.1 GHz (4M Cache, up to 3.3 GHz, 4 cores)
- Graphics – Intel® UHD Graphics
- Display – 13.3-inch, FHD (1920 x 1080) OLED 16:9 aspect ratio, 0.2ms response time, 550nits peak brightness, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut, 1,000,000:1, VESA CERTIFIED Display HDR True Black 500, 1.07 billion colours, PANTONE Validated, Glossy display, 70% less harmful blue light, SGS Eye Care Display, Touch screen, With stylus support, Screen-to-body ratio: 83 ％
- Memory – 8GB LPDDR4X on board, Total system memory:8GB
- Storage – 128GB M.2 NVMe™ PCIe® 3.0 SSD
- I/O Ports – 2x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C support display/power delivery 1x 3.5mm Combo Audio Jack, Micro SD card reader
- Keyboard & Touchpad – Soft Keyboard, 1.4mm Key-travel
- Camera – 5.0M camera, 13.0M camera
- Audio – Smart Amp Technology, Built-in 4-way stereo speakers, Built-in array microphone with Cortana support
- Network and Communication – Wi-Fi 6(802.11ax)+Bluetooth 5.2 (Dual band) 2*2
- Battery – 50WHrs, 3S1P, 3-cell Li-ion
- Power Supply – TYPE-C, 65W AC Adapter, Output: 20V DC, 3.25A, 65W, Input: 100-240V AC 50/60GHz universal
- Weight – 0.78 kg (1.72 lbs)
- Dimensions (W x D x H) – 30.99 x 19.00 x 0.79 ~ 0.79 cm (12.20″ x 7.48″ x 0.31″ ~ 0.31″)
- Built-in Apps – MyASUS
- System diagnosis
- Battery health charging
- Function key lock
- WiFi SmartConnect
- Link to MyASUS
- Live update
- ASUS OLED Care
- AI Noise Canceling
- Microsoft Office
- 1-month trial for new Microsoft 365 customers. Credit card required.
- Regulatory Compliance
- Energy star
- Trusted Platform Module (Firmware TPM)
- McAfee LiveSafe™ 30-day trial
- Fingerprint sensor integrated with Power Key
- Included in the Box
- Stylus holder
The Vivobook 13 Slate OLED brings the budget-conscious Vivobook range into a whole new world of versatility and productivity and is an excellent alternative to a standalone tablet. The Pen 2.0, along with better support for apps through Windows over iOS and Android, means you get more bang for your buck. The OLED panel is a stunning addition that will enhance any content you consume on the Vivobook 13 Slate OLED, and elevate your workflow.
For more information and where to purchase your own Asus Vivobook 13 Slate OLED check them out here.