South Africans are going to have to fork out a lot more money for this year’s iPhone 14 range if they are upgrading or purchasing new devices. iStore has released the official iPhone 14 South African pricing ahead of the release date on 23 September and every model has seen an R3,000 – R6,200 price hike in comparison to last year’s iPhone 13.
For example, the iPhone 14 Pro range will see customers spending up to R6,200 for the 1TB iPhone 14 Pro Max and R5,100 more for the 512GB model. The base iPhone 14 will set you back R3,300 for the 128GB model and R4,800 for the 512GB.
While a possible price hike was expected for the phone range, seeing these price tags increase by up to R6,200 is frightening. An iPhone model in South Africa has now surpassed the R40,000 price tag. The official price breakdown for the iPhone 14 in South Africa is as follows.
iPhone 14 South African Pricing
- iPhone 14: 128GB R20,599 / 256GB R23,199 / 512GB R28,499
- iPhone 14 Pro: 128GB R25,699 / 256GB R28,299 / 512GB R33,499 / 1TB R38,599
- iPhone 14 Pro Max: 128GB R28,399 / 256GB R30,999 / 512GB R35,999 / 1TB R41,499
Here is the pricing of last year’s iPhone 13 range for reference
- iPhone 13: 128GB – R17,299 (R3,300 increase) / 256GB – R19,399 (R3,800 increase) / 512GB – R23,699 (R4,800 increase)
- iPhone 13 Pro: 128GB – R21,499 (R4,200 increase) / 256GB – R23,699 (R4,600 increase) / 512GB – R28,699 (R4,800 increase) / 1TB – R32,999 (R5,600 increase)
- iPhone 13 Pro Max: 128GB -R23,699 (R4,700 increase) / 256GB – R25,899 (R5,100 increase) / 512GB – R30,899 (R5,100 increase) / 1TB – R35,299 (R6,200 increase)
iStore says users can now start pre-ordering their new iPhone 14 devices from today. You can initiate new contracts and upgrade across Vodacom, MTN and Telkom. Pre-ordering online for cash reserves your product without having to wait in lines at the launch next week.
iStore says customers can get up to R20,000 cash back when trading in their older iPhone models when upgrading and taking out a contract for the new iPhone 14. In addition, all new iPhone 14 owners will get a free extended warranty and screen replacement valued at R1,999. The first 1000 customers to pre-order the iPhone 14 Pro or Pro Max will also get an R1000 voucher to spend in iStore. The first 1000 customers to pre-order an iPhone 14 will then get an R500 voucher to use in iStore.
Visit the links below to pre-order and view the new iPhone range.