The last CS: GO update added skill groups for Danger Zone and it was a bit disappointing for fans of the base game. However, Valve is now back to releasing updates for the real CS: GO and that’s great. About two weeks ago, Valve made multiple changes to Workout and surprisingly, with the latest CS: GO update, the developer decided to remove the map from Official Matchmaking.
RELATED: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Multiplayer Gameplay, Cross-Play, Beta and Collector’s Editions Revealed
With the removal of Workout, Valve has added two new maps to official matchmaking called Seaside and Breach with the latest CS: GO update. These maps are part of the Defusal Group Delta competitive pool. New maps should probably be practiced on first before you jump into competitive play, which is why Ruby, Seaside and Breach have also been added as “scrimmage maps” in official matchmaking.
Valve explains that:
[perfectpullquote align=”full” bordertop=”false” cite=”” link=”” color=”#33f9ff” class=”” size=”22″]When playing Scrimmage Maps in official competitive matchmaking: there are no restrictions on players in your party, your Skill Groups will not be adjusted after the match, your Competitive Wins counter will not be incremented upon winning the match. Abandoning the match after you ‘ACCEPT’ will result in a penalty.[/perfectpullquote]
Further, Valve has made multiple changes and fixes to Vertigo, a map that was added to competitive play in March this year. Check out the changes to Vertigo in the latest CS: GO update below that focuses on a new approach to bombsite B and more.
- New approach to B site
- Removed “rafters” around B site entrance
- Offset HVAC units on B site, numbered them
- Added a way to throw utility into B site without being exposed
- Removed one-way drop down elevator shaft
- Added ladder-room near elevator shaft, connects up to mid chokepoint, allows utility towards A
- Moved bridge over elevator shaft
- Moved T spawns further back
- Widened utility hole in T corridor to mid
- Made jump up on scaffolding at back of A easier
- Widened door at back of A
- Various minor bug fixes
RELATED: You Can Now Play the Original Diablo in Your Web Browser
What do you think about the latest CS: GO update and are you happy about the removal of Workout? Let us know in the comment section below.