In the Dota 2 update 7.21, Valve temporarily removed IO from Captain’s Mode and we all knew what that meant. Valve was going to start reworking IO and with the latest Dota 2 gameplay update, called 7.21b, we can already see the first list of changes to the hero. Let’s face it, when an IO is in your game, it truly does change the way ganks work and forces players to be even more aware than ever on the map. This probably won’t change, but with the latest Dota 2 gameplay update, IO seems to have received mostly nerfs from Valve.
Apart from several changes to IO, the latest Dota 2 gameplay update also nerfs Midas a bit and there are changes to over 30 heroes. Sven got hit pretty hard when it comes to nerfs, while some heroes such as Antimage and Lycan received minor buffs. Most of these changes aren’t that significant so your favourite hero should still be competitive.
Check out some of the biggest changes from the latest Dota 2 gameplay update below.
- Tether no longer makes you unslowable
- Spirits no longer has a toggle cooldown
- Spirits min range increased from 100 to 200
- Spirits rotation interval from every 2.4 seconds to 2.7
- Spirits no longer does a micro animation interruption when initially casting (already has zero cast point)
- Overcharge damage reduction reduced from 15/20/25/30% to 5/10/15/20%
- Relocate manacost increased from 100 to 175
- Level 15 Talent changed from Tether Grants Scepter Bonus to +8 Health Regen
- Level 20 Talent changed from +16 Health Regen to Tether Grants Scepter Bonus
- Great Cleave reduced from 45/60/75/90% to 30/50/70/90%
- Warcry bonus speed reduced from 8/12/16/20% to 5/10/15/20%
- Warcry shield base capacity reduced from 80/110/140/170 to 60/90/120/150
- God’s Strength cooldown increased from 80 to 100
Hand of Midas
- Gold bonus reduced from 200 to 180
- XP earned when being denied increased from 25% to 30%
What do you think about the latest Dota 2 gameplay update and do you think Sven needed to be nerfed this hard? Let us know in the comment section below.