Larian Studios has released a new patch for its RPG, Baldur’s Gate 3, that shaves His Majesty the cat (it’s not as ominous as it sounds) and fixes various visual bugs as well as an annoying crash bug that frequently occurred for players. Update 1.003.002 is now available on PC and PS5, bringing some much-needed changes – or reversions – that were criticised from the last patch.
Players will be happy to know that His Majesty has been shaved once again after players noticed that the last Baldur’s Gate 3 patch essentially unshaved the feline and gave him hair. That isn’t the only victory that fans scored with the latest patch as Larian has reverted Raphael’s hair colour back to brown instead of black, which many players felt was a weird choice for the devil. Furthermore, a number of performance issues were addressed too.
Have a look at the full patch notes for Baldur’s Gate 3 update 1.003.002 below.
Baldur’s Gate 3 Update 1.003.002 Patch Notes
- Companions will no longer transfer story items in their inventory to the player upon dismissal, restoring Patch 2 behaviour.
- Fixed reaction popups sometimes showing no text descriptions of the reactions available.
- Fixed a multiplayer crash that would occur when listening to a dialogue after an active roll.
- Eavesdrop will no longer trigger when a character is in any Character Creation session, such as level up or the magic mirror.
- Fixed a bug in Vulkan causing DEVICE_LOST crashes.
- Fixed a bug where Skeletons created using Animate Dead were missing their ranged weapons, despite specialising in them.
- Fixed an issue where the Weapon Master Feat would show as incomplete if a player was already proficient with all weapons.
- Fixed a crash when re-assigning characters in splitscreen.
- Fixed a visual issue with volumetric fog and materials generation.
- Fixed an issue with invalid savegames being created.
- Restored Raphael’s hair colour and horns. The House of Hope is once again fashion-forward.
- Fixed an issue where Splint Armour for Githyanki Females caused some unnecessarily psychedelic visual effects.
- Shaved His Majesty, who is once again a Sphynx. Steelclaw’s eye colour has been adjusted so they are no longer identical twins.
- Fixed Raphael’s portraits after restoring his hair colour. Maybe he’s born with it, maybe it’s Avernus.
- Fixed Twitch drops not being claimable on PS5.
In related news, fans noticed that Minthara’s voice actress Emma Gregory was back in studio, leading some to speculate that new content is being made for the character who is often neglected (sometimes intentionally so) in the game. It looks like the latest patch also addressed the issue of the frequent PS5 crashes that happened a couple of weeks ago for PlayStation players.
Baldur’s Gate 3 is now available for PS5 and PC. An Xbox Series X/S version is on its way later this year.
Source: Larian Studios