While many players are still trying to get lucky with those new skins in the Prisma Case, Valve continues to tinker with the game, making a few changes, fixing issues and more with the new CS: GO update released at 02:00 this morning. Arguably the biggest change in the new CS: GO update is that Valve added Vertigo to Competitive Matchmaking, replacing poor old Cobblestone in the process.
Before Vertigo could be added to Competitive Matchmaking, some changes and additions had to be made. Possibly the biggest change is the CT entrance to mid, providing a safer rotation for CTs between bomb sites. Some objects have been moved around as well and the map also has updated soundscapes after the new CS: GO update got deployed.
Check out all the changes to Vertigo below:
- Changed CT entrance to mid, so that CTs have a safer rotation between sites
- Moved forward plywood stack and wooden crate near T side of mid to make T boosts slightly safer
- Smoothed out player collision on metal stairs in T spawn and B site
- Updated soundscapes
- Moved generator in T spawn up to second floor
- Made it slightly easier to throw grenades out of ceiling in T corridor to mid
- Minor tweaks and fixes
The maps have been moved as follows:
- Vertigo has been added to Competitive matchmaking.
- Cobblestone has been removed from Competitive matchmaking.
- Overpass and Nuke have been moved into Defusal Group Delta.
- Cobblestone and Vertigo have been moved into Defusal Group Sigma.
Some gamers have also had issues with the new CS: GO launch option that released earlier this month. Valve has fixed some of the issues and even added a couple of minor gameplay tweaks and fixes. Check out the rest of the update notes below:
- Added a scoreboard element to indicate loss bonus for each team in Competitive and Wingman game modes.
- Zeus-x27 will no longer be able to kill people through walls.
- Fixed an issue causing black screen for users with integrated Intel GPU running with -d3d9ex launch option.
- Improved matchmaking times for Danger Zone.
- The recent teammates tab will now list your Danger Zone squad teammate even before the ongoing Danger Zone match is finished, so if you had a good game you can invite them to your party to play again.
- Added missing “The” to “The Emperor”
What do you think about the new CS: GO update and Vertigo making its way into Competitive Matchmaking? Let us know in the comment section below.