A new mainline Fire Emblem game has been leaked ahead of its official announcement by Nintendo. The game is reportedly a new entry and not a remake like many suspected. Some details have also been revealed, including a handful of first images showing the game’s supposed main character, some side characters, menus and more.
The leak arrives via Reddit user miasmadelta, who claims to know some details about the unannounced Fire Emblem game. The user also backs their claims up by linking a handful of screenshots clearly taken from the game, adding further validity to the leak.
The leaker revealed a few details about the next Fire Emblem game, confirming a new main character with “red and blue” hair, graphical improvements over Three Houses and the ability to summon FE characters from past games. Here’s the full breakdown:
- Upcoming Fire Emblem is a new game, not a remake. Brand new story.
- Collaboration between Intelligent Systems, Koei Tecmo and Gust (division of Koei Tecmo Holdings).
- Gust heavily assisted with the visuals / graphics. Graphics are an improvement over “Three Houses”.
- Originally intended as an anniversary game to celebrate FE’s 30th anniversary. The game has been finished for over a year.
- Main character (main lord) has strange red and blue hair. His mother is a dragon.
- New “Emblems” gimmick allows players to summon “FE characters from the past” for your squad.
Below are the four leaked images provided by the Redditor:
The leaker then confirms that the game has been in a completed state for some time, though couldn’t figure out a reason why Nintendo is delaying the announcement. They also reveal that the rumours about a remake of Fire Emblem 4 (or otherwise known as Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War) are real too.
It’s only a matter of time now before Nintendo makes an announcement. Sony Santa Monica Studio writer and former journalist Alanah Pearce recently claimed that Nintendo are set to host a Direct later this month, so we’ll have to see if it all comes to light.