Atlus recently made a big splash at the Xbox Games Showcase where it not only unveiled its long-rumoured Persona 3 remake and Persona 5 Tactica spin-off but also revealed its next major game and new IP, Metaphor: ReFantazio. Unfortunately, Persona 6 didn’t make an appearance at the event for one reason or another. A new leak has now given us some early details about Persona 6 including its working codename ‘Carbon.’
The leak originates from a Reddit thread that compiles various bits of information from the same Twitter user who first leaked the existence of the Persona 3 remake and Persona 5 Tactica. The full thread provides a few tidbits of development details regarding Persona 6 though nothing on the game’s story or characters. It’s still unknown if the game will launch on multiple platforms, though the leaker claims to have seen it on PS5 so far.
Here’s a full run-through of every point mentioned in the leak:
- The next Persona will be different in a lot of ways, because it is being developed by mostly new Persona team staff. It is hard to describe, but I think best description is P3RE and spin-offs come together. A lot of the staff from P3RE and the spin-offs are also working on P6 with some supervising.
- It will be talked about with an unrevealed spin-off next year. It was supposed to be shown a long time ago, but Atlus has wanted to wait a lot longer. But finally it is moving forward. But Metaphor will come out first.
- On Exclusivity: I don’t know a lot because of publisher deals, but it will not come out on older consoles. I have only seen it on PS5.
- But this doesn’t mean it is going to have spin-off gameplay. I am discussing the presentation. P6 is a new development structure for Atlus that starts up with P3R, and the art team for the spin-offs is working on P6 with some help.
- Atlus is using special codenames for projects lately, and one of the codenames for P6 is Carbon.
- Spinoff name/codename is Asa (Personal speculation, probably the Persona Party game that was rumored/mentioned)
Some important things to highlight from this leak is that Persona 6 will reportedly be unveiled sometime next year alongside a new, unannounced spin-off game that’s likely to be a Persona party game. Internally, the game is going under one of the codenames ‘Carbon’ as well.
As with all leaks, take this information with a grain of salt for now.
Persona 3 Reload launches in early 2024 while Persona 5 Tactica launches on 17 November 2023.