Nintendo might have had a lacklustre showing during E3 2021 with its showcase event playing host to a handful of games. We were missing the likes of Bayonetta 3, a Metroid game that was not Metroid Dread, no sign of Pokemon games at all and of course, the rumoured 4K Switch was also missing in action. However, regardless of how you feel about the company’s presence, they dominated the pre-order charts soon after the event ended.
According to GameStop, Nintendo had a total of seven games in the top ten E3 2021 pre-orders during and after the event last week. The number one game is Metroid: Dread followed by next month’s Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD. Mario Golf Super Rush is sitting at third followed by Pokemon Brilliant Diamond/Shiny Pearl.
READ MORE Starfield Trailer Was All in-Game Footage, No Cinematic Tools Used
Keep in mind that we have not even seen gameplay footage of the Pokemon Brilliant Diamond/Shiny Pearl games yet. It seems gamers don’t care at all. Guardians of the Galaxy is also there but it is unclear how many pre-orders belong to the Switch version. The game is coming to multiple platforms later this year.
- 1. Metroid Dread: Coming 10/8/21
- 2. Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword HD: Coming 7/16/21
- 3. Mario Golf Super Rush Switch: Coming 6/25/21
- 4. Pokémon Brilliant Diamond/Shiny Pearl: Coming 11/19/21
- 5. Mario Party Superstars: Coming 10/29
- 6. Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy: Coming 10/26
- 7. Far Cry 6: Coming 10/7/21
- 8. Dungeons & Dragons Dark Alliance: Coming 6/22/21
- 9. Madden NFL 22: Coming 8/20/21
- 10. Pokémon Legends: Arceus: Coming 1/28/22
What are you most looking forward to out of these top ten games or are your eyes on something else? Let us know down below.
NOW READ Nintendo E3 2021 – Breath of the Wild 2 and More Showcased