Nintendo released the new Switch System Update 10.0.0 this morning which adds a load of new features and system changes to the console. It has been a while since users received new features so this new update will surely excite some fans. Most of all, the new Nintendo Switch system update allows users to configure and remap the controller buttons which has been a long time coming.
The Nintendo Switch system update 10.0.0 will allow players to remap their controllers and even the Switch Lite itself. Users can save up to five different configurations depending on their preferences. Support includes the standard Joy-Cons, Pro Controllers and the Nintendo Switch Lite buttons.
The feature will surely come in handy for those users who prefer “B” being the primary action button instead of “A”. You can remap any button to any new button now which will change the user experience for most people. In order to perform this change, head over to System Settings and configure the Joy-Cones and Pro Controllers option.
The Nintendo Switch System Update 10.0.0 also comes with a new feature bookmark items in the “News” screen. You can also move data between your system memory and the SD card now making it easier to free up space and move smaller games across when downloading new titles.
The update also comes with new Animal Crossing: New Horizon player icons for your game user icon. Take a look at the full breakdown of changes down below;
Nintendo Switch System Update 10.0.0
Added a bookmark feature to News.
This feature allows you to bookmark your favourite news items.
- A maximum of 300 news items can be bookmarked.
- An internet connection is required to view bookmarked News items.
- News items that are no longer available cannot be viewed, even if they were bookmarked.
Added an option to transfer software data between the system memory and an SD card.
- Users can now transfer downloadable software, update data, and DLC from the system memory to an SD card (and vice versa).
- Note that save data and some update data cannot be transferred to an SD card.
Added an option to remap the Nintendo Switch controller buttons.
- Analog stick and button configurations can now be changed for each paired controller.
- Custom configurations can be saved as favorites in System Settings > Controllers and Sensors.
- Custom configurations are stored on the Nintendo Switch system.
- Configurations can be customized for the following controllers: Joy-Con (L), Joy-Con (R), Nintendo Switch Pro Controller. Button configurations can also be customized on the Nintendo Switch Lite system.
- This feature is not available for other controllers.
- On each system, up to five favorite custom configurations can be saved for Joy-Con (L), five for Joy-Con (R), five for Nintendo Switch Pro Controller. Five configurations can also be saved as favorites for Nintendo Switch Lite.
Added a new section in User Settings for Play Activity Settings.
- The options for “Display play activity to:” and “Delete Play Activity” have been moved from Friends Settings to the new Play Activity Settings.
Added new selections to the lineup of user profile icons.
- Select from 6 new icons from the Animal Crossing: New Horizons game for your user.