Pocketpair has revealed what the studio is currently working on for Palworld. We know that the game is still in early access so apart from the plethora of bug fixes which have definitely hindered the experience for many, new content is coming to the game too. This new content will help shape the world of Palworld into a fuller package and essentially move it to a “version 1” state.
Getting to version 1 is going to be a long road – as it is for most early-access games. However, Palworld is set to receive a number of exciting features along the way.
Pocketpair says that the studio’s top priority is to address the game’s most critical bugs first. This includes game-breaking issues where the world would roll back to an earlier state or the game would get stuck at a loading screen.
There are also improvements coming to the general game including Pal AI fixes and visual improvements. At the moment, most of the updates to Palworld will be focused on improving the game and new content will arrive in dribbles.
Pocketpair says that features such as PvP, Raid Bosses and a Pal Battle Arena system are all in the works. This will give players the opportunity to fight other Pals online, take on spongy end-game boss fights in raids and test their might in arena-based combat. Outside of that, Steam and Xbox crossplay is also on the cards.
Palworld will also get updated with new game content in the form of new explorable islands and even new Pals to recruit and bosses to fight. As the game grows, the experience will slowly become a fully realised game.
- Addressing Critical Issues
- Currently, numerous bugs have been identified, and we are prioritizing fixing those.
- Sometimes, the world date may experience rollbacks.
- The loading screen may persist when trying to load into worlds.
…and so on.
- Improvements to Implement ASAP
- Key configuration improvements.
- Improvements to base Pal AI and pathing.
- Planned Future Updates
- Raid Bosses (End-Game Content)
- Pal Arena (PvP for Pals)
- Steam-Xbox Crossplay
- Various Xbox Feature Improvements
- Server Transfers and Migrations
- Improvements to the Building System
- New islands, Pals, Bosses, and Technologies.
Palworld is currently available on PC and Xbox in early access. The game has sold 7 million copies since its launch on 19 January but its popularity has come with a possible lawsuit from The Pokemon Company which claims the monsters infringe on intellectual copyright.