Persona 2 and Persona 3 have topped an Atlus consumer survey asking fans for their most highly requested remakes. The company published the results via a dedicated livestream earlier this week, revealing the two classic Persona titles as receiving the highest amount of votes from fans.
According to the list published by Atlus, both Persona 2 and 3 tied in first place, gathering 78.9% of the total fan votes. This was followed by Revelations: Persona at 76.3% and Persona 4 (which encompasses the base game as well as Persona 4 Golden) at 74.8%.
The full results can be found below:
- 1. Persona 3 (Persona 3, Persona 3 FES, Persona 3 Portable) – 78.9%
- 1. Persona 2: Innocent Sin / Persona 2: Eternal Punishment – 78.9%
- 3. Revelations: Persona – 76.3%
- 4. Persona 4 (Persona 4, Persona 4 Golden) – 74.8%
- 5. Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha series – 72.1%
- 6. Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers – 69.5%
- 7. Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse – 66.7%
- 8. Shin Megami Tensei IV – 65.3%
- 9. Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga series – 62.4%
- 10. Etrian Odyssey series – 58%
This begs the question of whether Atlus will actually go ahead and develop remakes of both Persona 2 and 3. They’re fan-favourite titles in the Persona series and in the case of Persona 2, it has yet to receive a modern upgrade. Persona 3 Portable will arrive on PlayStation, Xbox and Nintendo consoles next to Persona 4 Golden and Persona 5 Royal, starting with the latter arriving this October.
It seems likely that Atlus is listening to fan surveys as it previously asked fans if they’d want the Persona series on Xbox – something that came true when it was announced during the Xbox and Bethesda Games Showcase last month.
Persona fans are currently infuriated by Atlus’ decision to deny PS4 owners a free upgrade of Persona 5 to the PS5 enhanced version. Players will need to purchase the PS5 version separately if they wish to play it with the current-gen upgrades, regardless of if they bought it on PS4 already.