After hosting a closes alpha and then leaking in an incomplete trailer, EA Games has officially announced the Garden Warfare successor, Plants vs Zombies: Battle for Neighborville.
There is not much to hide away after basically everything was leaked a few weeks ago. In the most shocking news, the game is out today in a “Founder’s Edition” model.
Plants vs Zombies: Battle for Neighborville features a new dynamic experience where players join forces to take down either the plants or the zombies depending on the team you choose. Just like Garden Warfare, Battle for Neighborville sees you take control of iconic characters in the universe and head into PvP or PvE modes.
The game will have a dedicated story mode where players will head into four giant open-world maps, find secrets, complete Gnome Trials, unlock cosmetic items and face the deadly threats of the undead or plants. This mode will be playable in co-op with other players and offers countless hours of activities that randomly spawn on the map. From public events to bounties which you can undertake.
As for the social aspect, Plants vs Zombies: Battle for Neighborville features a new social hub where all players will interact with each other and dive into the PvP territory to test out their skills. Players will also be able to open capsules in front of other players that contain cosmetic items which replace the card packs from the past game.
The classic PvP modes return like Turf Takeover and Team Deathmatch that will pit the plants and zombies against each other to see how comes out on top. The previously-leaked characters are real too. Plants will be getting a ninja mushroom that can dash and go invisible; a fire-spitting dragon plant that glides around the battlefield; and an acorn that shoots like a mini turret and can summon a giant tree similar to the mech on the zombie’s side.
As for the zombies, the Rambo-inspired character will see players snipe with a charged bow and arrow shot from the distance; a UFO-driving mad scientist can link up with other UFO characters to form a powerful hard-hitting vehicle; and the 80s disco dancer is all about electricity as she can summon a lightning tornado that stuns enemies and pushes them away.
How to Get Access
According to the official EA site, this is how you can gain access to the Battle for Neighborville game today before its official launch on 18 October 2019.
Starting today, you can become a Founding Neighbor in the latest conflict between brain-less and botanicals – and be the first to build roots in Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville With this early edition, you’ll play through six weeks of weekly content releases ahead of launch and receive Founding Neighbor benefits, like getting the game at a special Founder’s price of $29.99.
- PlayStation 4 Founder’s Edition – R475 (R427 for EA Access Members)
- Xbox One Founder’s Edition – R449 (R401 EA Access Members)
- PC Origin Access Founder’s Edition – Free with Origin Access Premier / R449
Here’s what you’ll get with the Plants vs zombies Founder’s Edition:
- Exclusive Founder’s rewards for the first four weeks when you log in each week
- A special Founder’s price of $29.99
- A dedicated Discord channel where Founding Neighbors can share thoughts with our development team
- Updates on new weekly gameplay experiences through News from Neighborville posts and our weekly PvZ developer Livestream Live from Neighborville
- The progress you make in the Founder’s Edition will roll over at launch
Here’s how you can get involved:
- Get the digital-only Founder’s Edition – only available for purchase until September 30, 2019
- Play through six weeks of content as new parts of the game go live, including new multiplayer modes, free-roam regions, and more from September 4 – October 17.
- On October 18, enjoy all the same content as the $39.99 Standard Edition product at no additional cost
Are you picking up Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare we mean Battle for Neighborville? Let us know down below.
Editor for GLITCHED | Geek AF | Gamer | Techie | Foodie | Cars | Not a morning person | Cats Are Better Than Dogs |